The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mike Hoffman is a 36 goal scorer and got $4 million on a one year deal.  Pearson will be lucky to get $2,5 million this summer...

Lol. Hoffman only got 4 million so thats what a 36 goal scorer is worth. Right. Not like Hoffman has all kinds of issues and baggage that affect his value.

Look man, I'm not the one you need to convince. Pearson is gonna get whatever the market dictates his value is. See if you can convince 31 other teams not to offer over 2.5 so the Canucks can re-sign him cheap. As a fellow Canucks fan, I honestly wish you the best of luck.

I see Pearson as around 3 to 3.5 Max. in a Covid market. Home discount of 2.75 t0 3.25 in a Covid market. 

In a non Covid market...somewhere around 3.75 to 4.5................but we are in a Covid market....so..............

But in saying all that, Pearson is worth resigning at the Home discount rate.

2 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Lol. Hoffman only got 4 million so thats what a 36 goal scorer is worth. Right. Not like Hoffman has all kinds of issues and baggage that affect his value.

Look man, I'm not the one you need to convince. Pearson is gonna get whatever the market dictates his value is. See if you can convince 31 other teams not to offer over 2.5 so the Canucks can re-sign him cheap. As a fellow Canucks fan, I honestly wish you the best of luck.

I don’t think any of the other teams need convincing. Pearson isn’t getting the same contract as Toffoli. And the Canucks won’t be re-signing him either. If Toffoli wasn’t a priority fir this team then Pearson will be even less of a priority. Hoglander is trending almost the same as Pearson. Podkolzin will probably be those same numbers for 1/4 of the value.

The Canucks need to focus on getting a 3C and a partner for Hughes. That’s where the extra cap space should be spent. Not on Tanner Pearson. 

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Doesn't matter what you'd pay him. Just what other NHL teams will. Three straight 40+ point seasons. He'll get 4 million somewhere, easy. Maybe more, depending how this season goes for him.

Good for him, better not be here.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think any of the other teams need convincing. Pearson isn’t getting the same contract as Toffoli. And the Canucks won’t be re-signing him either. If Toffoli wasn’t a priority fir this team then Pearson will be even less of a priority. Hoglander is trending almost the same as Pearson. Podkolzin will probably be those same numbers for 1/4 of the value.

The Canucks need to focus on getting a 3C and a partner for Hughes. That’s where the extra cap space should be spent. Not on Tanner Pearson. 

Saw on Twitter Canucks were working on a 4 year extension around 3 million for Pearson ( less than he makes now). Again Twitter tho

On 2/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, HighOnHockey said:

Doesn't matter what you'd pay him. Just what other NHL teams will. Three straight 40+ point seasons. He'll get 4 million somewhere, easy. Maybe more, depending how this season goes for him.

I’d rather let him go and bring in Podkolzin - a bigger, very defensively responsible winger with a motor like Hoglander. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Googlie said:

I am sure I saw him take several at the WJC but I could be wrong.  Not worth digging thru old YouTube  videos to see - I'll take Faber's word for it

I think he played a few shifts at Center at the WJC in the Czech republic. It was near the end of the game. If I remember right.

User name checks out but I don't think it's hockey you're using :lol:

• Haha 1

Where did you come up with 3 straight 40+ seasons anyway?

27 points in 2018-19, with 3 different teams.

In fact at no time during his NHL career does he have 3 straight 40 point seasons.

Please try to be factual when posting, or say iirc or imo.

As another poster has pointed out, people are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.

Edit:

Re-read part of the thread and I see BCNate covered the facts part already. 

Edited by gurn

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

Where did you come up with 3 straight 40+ seasons anyway?

27 points in 2018-19, with 3 different teams.

In fact at no time during his NHL career does he have 3 straight 40 point seasons.

Please try to be factual when posting, or say iirc or imo.

As another poster has pointed out, people are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.

Edit:

Re-read part of the thread and I see BCNate covered the facts part already. 

Yeah I made a mistake. I don't like to jump to conclusions based on first impressions, but the fact that you made the jump from me making a mistake to me thinking I'm "entitled to my own facts" gives me a pretty good idea of the kind of person you are. Hopefully I'm wrong again there.

Anyway, the point still stands. And for the record, I'm not saying I think the Canucks should give him 4 million. Just saying that's what he's going to get paid, whether it's by the Canucks or someone else. Certainly far more than the 2.5 that some have been suggesting. It might be worth noting that he has faced, along with Horvat, the most difficult deployment on the team for the past two seasons now. And I triple checked this time.

https://public.tableau.com/shared/K6NPSWT9J?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

https://public.tableau.com/shared/RPKQNNHRN?:display_count=n&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HighOnHockey said:

Yeah I made a mistake. I don't like to jump to conclusions based on first impressions, but the fact that you made the jump from me making a mistake to me thinking I'm "entitled to my own facts" gives me a pretty good idea of the kind of person you are. Hopefully I'm wrong again there.

Credit to you, unlike many others you can admit to a mistake.

I'm just annoyed with multiple people saying stuff that they didn't bother to verify, then when called on it, most just keep, keeping on.

Glad you are different.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

On 2/11/2021 at 8:05 AM, Googlie said:

I am sure I saw him take several at the WJC but I could be wrong.

Podkolzin played some minutes as a centre in that game because the first line centre Khusnutdinov was injured. In general, Podkolzin plays on the fourth line with Groshev and Bardakov. No points in two games in this tournament.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1