The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Hogs?

If you're going off last year, pretty much nobody has any 'chemistry'.

Perhaps. Though by the time he's likely ready, they're probably playing further up the lineup.

right Hogs. Got my Podz and Hogs mixed up. Won't be the last time, either. 

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That would be a waste of offensive talent of those wingers imho.  Dickinson is very solid defensive center but he's probably as good offensively as Gaudette was defensively.  Which is fine as that IS the reason he was acquired.  To handle the tough defensive assignments & free up Horvat to take advantage of his skills.

I disagree with that assumption but I guess we will just have to wait and see how training camp plays out and how Travis sets up the line combo's. One thing for sure; he has a lot more options than he had before. I just want to see 3 scoring lines for a change and I think the Canucks finally have the guys to do that.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I disagree with that assumption but I guess we will just have to wait and see how training camp plays out and how Travis sets up the line combo's. One thing for sure; he has a lot more options than he had before. I just want to see 3 scoring lines for a change and I think the Canucks finally have the guys to do that.

I personally would like to have at least one shutdown line to reduce the reliance of Demko to steal games.  Also would take the pressure off the blueline.  I don't think scoring has been an issue with the team for a while now (baring of course if a ton of injuries happen & that would screw any team).

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I personally would like to have at least one shutdown line to reduce the reliance of Demko to steal games.  Also would take the pressure off the blueline.  I don't think scoring has been an issue with the team for a while now (baring of course if a ton of injuries happen & that would screw any team).

You have that with Sutter, Motte and Highmore.

Actually you probably have two shut down lines as the line of Dickinson, Pods & Hogs is also very capable of scoring as a direct result of the turnovers they are likely to create.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

That would be a waste of offensive talent of those wingers imho.  Dickinson is very solid defensive center but he's probably as good offensively as Gaudette was defensively.  Which is fine as that IS the reason he was acquired.  To handle the tough defensive assignments & free up Horvat to take advantage of his skills.

Agreed. But Gaudette wasn’t very good defensively at all, Dickinson is a massive improvement at centre on the 3rd line.  Him Pearson and Garland would be a strong defensive 3rd line.  But Green likes Pearson and Horvat together and up to this point it’s been the only option for him.  But now Green has options.  Easily 8 top 6 forwards to play around with and find chemistry.  

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Agreed. But Gaudette wasn’t very good defensively at all, Dickinson is a massive improvement at centre on the 3rd line.  Him Pearson and Garland would be a strong defensive 3rd line.  But Green likes Pearson and Horvat together and up to this point it’s been the only option for him.  But now Green has options.  Easily 8 top 6 forwards to play around with and find chemistry.  

Time to move Pearson to  3rd line...

1. Miller--  Petey --  Boeser

2. Hoglander -- Horvat -- Garland  (( Podkolzin and  Hoglander rotate lines ))))

3. Podkolzin -- Dickinson -- Pearson  ((( Motte and Pearson switch some games, Motte adds lots of speed!!

4. MacEwen -- Sutter -- Motte --  ((( Highmore - MacEwen also rotate  ))    -- Bailey, Gadjovich

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Time to move Pearson to  3rd line...

1. Miller--  Petey --  Boeser

2. Hoglander -- Horvat -- Garland  (( Podkolzin and  Hoglander rotate lines ))))

3. Podkolzin -- Dickinson -- Pearson  ((( Motte and Pearson switch some games, Motte adds lots of speed!!

4. MacEwen -- Sutter -- Motte --  ((( Highmore - MacEwen also rotate  ))    -- Bailey, Gadjovich

I don’t think the Canucks have had a player like Podz since Bertuzzi, imagine the kind of room he would open up for Petey.  Much like the way Big Bert created time and space for Naslund.  Our top line has always been a little soft even with Miller, I can see Green putting Horvat and Boeser back together if Podz and Petey find chemistry.  That combo screams Bert/Nazzy to me.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I think the line with the most potential will be 

Hogz - Petey - Podz.  

Reminds me of the West Coast Express in so many ways.  

Sorry, that line has no similarity to the West Coast Express….And I’m not going to waste my time explaining why. But I would be interested in you telling me who is Naslund? Who is Bertuzzi? Who is Brendan? 

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I don’t think the Canucks have had a player like Podz since Bertuzzi, imagine the kind of room he would open up for Petey.  Much like the way Big Bert created time and space for Naslund.  Our top line has always been a little soft even with Miller, I can see Green putting Horvat and Boeser back together if Podz and Petey find chemistry.  That combo screams Bert/Nazzy to me.  

Jeez man the guy hasn’t’ even played a game and you’re already comparing him to Bertuzzi.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Green was spotted in Walmarts getting a new line blender - with 16 settings instead of the usual 8.  So look out !!!

9 hours ago, Mad Jon said:

Sorry, that line has no similarity to the West Coast Express….And I’m not going to waste my time explaining why. But I would be interested in you telling me who is Naslund? Who is Bertuzzi? Who is Brendan? 

They’re not exactly the same, I never said that.  They remind me of the West Coast Express. They have similar elements.   Bertuzzi  had the combination of power and soft hands.  Naslund had a snip of a shot and Morrison had speed and vision.  I think Podkolzin, Pettersson and Hoglander have the same combination of those elements.  

2 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

They’re not exactly the same, I never said that.  They remind me of the West Coast Express. They have similar elements.   Bertuzzi  had the combination of power and soft hands.  Naslund had a snip of a shot and Morrison had speed and vision.  I think Podkolzin, Pettersson and Hoglander have the same combination of those elements.  

WCE never got the team past the 2nd Round. I have high hopes that Petey, Podz and Hogs take us all the way to a CUP! 

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

WCE never got the team past the 2nd Round. I have high hopes that Petey, Podz and Hogs take us all the way to a CUP! 

That team didn’t have Luongo either.  No offence to Dan Cloutier.  That team was skilled enough to go deep.  Their Defence was good enough with Jovo, Ohlund, Salo and Sopel. They had the best second line in the entire league.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

That team didn’t have Luongo either.  No offence to Dan Cloutier.  That team was skilled enough to go deep.  Their Defence was good enough with Jovo, Ohlund, Salo and Sopel. They had the best second line in the entire league.  

Demko is way better than Cloutier.  Demko’s numbers from the bubble, and then last year on the team that gave up the most high danger scoring chances, were better than Luongo’s.  

Demko, Petey, Bo, Hughes, OEL, Miller, Bo, Garland, Pods, and the list goes on.  This is a very deep and talented team, with a great goalie.  Cup parade June 2022!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Demko is way better than Cloutier.  Demko’s numbers from the bubble, and then last year on the team that gave up the most high danger scoring chances, were better than Luongo’s.  

Demko, Petey, Bo, Hughes, OEL, Miller, Bo, Garland, Pods, and the list goes on.  This is a very deep and talented team, with a great goalie.  Cup parade June 2022!  

The number of players we have under 25 is shocking.  Rathbone, Juolevi and Hughes on D alone.  Podz and Hogz are just 20.  

• Vintage 1