The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

On 9/16/2021 at 5:39 PM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I actually like the 21.

In all fairness the recent notable owner of the number before Loui was Raymond who played well for us. 

Hogs will add his own identity to that number 

I would suggest that Brandon Sutter was the most recent notable (albeit, often injured, even in his first and only year he wore No. 21) to have worn the number. 

Sutter should never have given up the number to Loui.  But I suppose Brandon Sutter is more of a gentleman than I am.  I would have kept it and made Loui choose another number.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

This should surprise no one.  He was going to be our best athlete as soon as he arrived last year.

Agility, power, endurance, flexibility, coordination...

Jake, for example, just had one of these?

Just for the record which one was that :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Where other new Canucks struggled to keep pace in the bag skate, Di Giuseppe led the way, barely looking out of breath by the end of it. While the veteran forward may not have been at a Canucks camp before, his experience with other teams meant he was ready for whatever Green could dish out.

“Rangers, a lot of skating, Carolina before that. Both teams pride themselves on speed getting up and down the ice,” said Di Giuseppe. “I have a history of playing on teams where that was a main part of their identity, so it's become part of mine.”

Edited by Fred65

6 hours ago, Googlie said:

Nice. Combine that with our phantom 4-0 lead, and it seems like these broadcasters have a little rust of their own to shake off...

Screenshot_20210927-213402_Chrome.jpg

Hogs is great and fun to watch. He will only get better, and he's already a 5 on 5 darling.

Edited by kloubek

On 9/26/2021 at 8:07 AM, Locke Lamora said:

I watched every minute of Training Camp this year. Without a doubt, Hog was a top 3 performer. I would expect big things from him this year. What a 2nd round steal by Jimbo. And guys….based upon what I saw at camp, Klimovich looks like another one.

To think of the 2nd round picks that have been given away! 

Klimovich looks like he'll be "real good".  I'm hoping he starts in the AHL.  No way he goes to the Q in my opinion.  Could be a regular NHLer before the end of the year.

Höglander, Klimovich, Demko, Woo, Gadjovich.  We have almost as many great or potentially great 2nd round picks as 1st round picks on the team.  With 1st round picks that are already on the roster (Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser, Podkolzin), 50% of our team in the next year or two will be made up of 1st and 2nd round picks.

• Cheers 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hogalnder was the highest mover up the all-time Canuck scoring list tonight with his 2 assists.  Leaps into 219th all-time.

218.  Raffi Torres LW 80 14 15 29
219.  Nils Hoglander RW 57 13 16 29
220.  David Roberts LW 71 11 18 29
221.  Greg Hawgood D 95 7 22 29
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hogalnder was the highest mover up the all-time Canuck scoring list tonight with his 2 assists.  Leaps into 219th all-time.

218.  Raffi Torres LW 80 14 15 29
219.  Nils Hoglander RW 57 13 16 29
220.  David Roberts LW 71 11 18 29
221.  Greg Hawgood D 95 7 22 29

Missed these posts.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Missed these posts.

It's going to be weird for a bit, for the first time in forever there is no current Canuck in the top 19 of all-time scoring (that's what I see when I'm at the top of the spread sheet)...that is until Horvat gets 14 more points then he'll be in the top 19.

Edited by Wilbur