The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T. Miller | #9 | C/W

tan

• 4 weeks later...

I think there's a fine line in terms of moodiness, and I don't like the way people are handwaving away some of the reactions as "caring". It insinuates players who aren't acting like that don't care. You can want to win and care a lot without being petulant or throwing a tantrum. Linden never did that. Is anyone going to argue Linden wasn't a "warrior".

I'm not accusing Miller of anything either. I'm just saying I don't think its the best argument.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I think there's a fine line in terms of moodiness, and I don't like the way people are handwaving away some of the reactions as "caring". It insinuates players who aren't acting like that don't care. You can want to win and care a lot without being petulant or throwing a tantrum. Linden never did that. Is anyone going to argue Linden wasn't a "warrior".

I'm not accusing Miller of anything either. I'm just saying I don't think its the best argument.

Everyone is different. That's the best argument imo.

• Cheers 1

He’s been a turn over machine lately and on the PP try’s to make the dumbest passes that always gets intercepted. The lotto line as a whole is having a tough go of it. Worst line of the game last night vs the hawks but they have way to much skill to have this going on to long.

• Cheers 1

I feel like a broken record saying this in a bunch of threads but it's so early in the season. I expect players and lines to have their ups and downs. Right now, Miller's line seems a little snake-bitten at the moment, but isn't this why we have the other lines? Hopefully Boeser getting his 1st goal last night gives this line some more drive.

2 hours ago, Dannydog said:

He’s been a turn over machine lately and on the PP try’s to make the dumbest passes that always gets intercepted. The lotto line as a whole is having a tough go of it. Worst line of the game last night vs the hawks but they have way to much skill to have this going on to long.

I can see how maybe JT Miller's attitude probably got old quick with his other teams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

I feel like a broken record saying this in a bunch of threads but it's so early in the season. I expect players and lines to have their ups and downs. Right now, Miller's line seems a little snake-bitten at the moment, but isn't this why we have the other lines? Hopefully Boeser getting his 1st goal last night gives this line some more drive.

I thought brock  looked good, winning board battles quick and making passes happen. Petey is not having a great start. Can’t Win  face offs, stripped of the puck try’s to play physically when he should be playing his slick , slippery style, passing and receiving pucks look laboured and most of all why isn’t he shooting the puck. Miller isn’t playing any where near the way he needs to be. Coughing up the puck more then making those passes, no movement during the PP. This won’t be the norm for this line but they got to figure it out soon.

Edited by Dannydog

3rd straight game that Miller is the highest mover up the all-time scoring list.  Now into 72nd next to Brent Sopel's hair.

71.  Brent Sopel D 322 33 97 130
72.  J.T. Miller LW 128 43 83 126
73.  Petr Nedved C 222 63 61 124
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still a high volume passer. He's like a high volume shooter in the NBA. He'll throw up a lot of passes and get points every now and then but it means more miss passes.

Not sure he's a good fit as one of the main playmakers on the PP. Might be better served at the goal line as the bumper passer and around the net.