The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

add Tryamkin at season end...heading into the playoffs.

question, if Canucks make the playoffs this year, can they defer the 1st round pick to Tampa in 20/21??...because they will be even better in 20/21...

Decent chance Rathbone as well.

I'd expect Tampa automatically gets the pick.  Current value always trumps future.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm really surprised that Myers took all these terms

1) 6 million imo leaves potential frenzy money on the table.  That is a mere 500k uptick on his previous market value.

2) 5 years term - again, probably could have milked more out of his free agent leverage, particularly as arguably the best D available.

3) Also willing to be exposed in the expansion draft.  That part is a bit shocking considering 1 and 2.

It looks like he really wants to be here.

I'd love to know Green's thoughts on this signing - I think it's very unlikely that he doesn't approve - so it will be interesting to hear him comment on it.

He quite clearly took a reasonable deal because he wants to be in Vancouver and believes this team is on the path to success, so he acted unselfishly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm really surprised that Myers took all these terms

1) 6 million imo leaves potential frenzy money on the table.  That is a mere 500k uptick on his previous market value.

2) 5 years term - again, probably could have milked more out of his free agent leverage, particularly as arguably the best D available.

3) Also willing to be exposed in the expansion draft.  That part is a bit shocking considering 1 and 2.

It looks like he really wants to be here.

I'd love to know Green's thoughts on this signing - I think it's very unlikely that he doesn't approve - so it will be interesting to hear him comment on it.

I think there are some guys who look ahead and think "how much money do I want in the bank when I'm 35 and ready to retire?" Then they figure out the best place for them to play and still fulfill that financial goal. The surplus dollars are less important for guys of this mindset. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ferraro is a clown. 

I used to like him, but over the years I’ve gotten really sick of unbearable negativity towards our team. I remember a year or two ago he said that Detroit had much better young players than us and were much further along in their rebuild lol. 

Now listening to him on the TSN panel crapping all over this signing and our club was just ridiculous. 

• Cheers 2