The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Didn't someone say that Eriksson was relocating his family back to Dallas? Not sure if that was a joke. I think it would be great to have the Benn Bros.

Maybe the trade for Barrie was also to encourage Marner to take a pay cut to win a Cup with TOR. I'm personally hoping they don't win anything.

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Just his sheer size makes us tougher to play against... at that height he has ridiculous reach but can also generate an insane amount of leverage.  Add in that Benn is a tough guy.

Can’t wait for Tryamkin to join them and we’ll be downright nasty on the back end.

People forget that it doesn't need to be a finished product in one offseason... we’re still building, just need to keep moving forward.

I think a lot more additions will be made through subtraction.  Now that the worst part of LE’s contract was paid for today it makes a trade (edit: or buyout) way more easier to make.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1

Super pumped.

Some do not like Myers, but he's a great talent.  And this is a reasonable cap hit for a UFA.

Expect us to protect Myers, Hughes & Juolevi in expansion; ideally re-sign Alex Edler again.

Our rebuild is progressing.  We should be a strong competitor for a wild card spot.  Dallas, St Louis, Calgary top 3? Colorado & Nashville the key competition in the Midwest for a wildcard. Chicago an outside shot? Minny in for a hard year...       The best division in hockey, bar none!

Vegas, Calgary, but San Jose, Edmonton or us for 3rd?    I don't think any Pacific team will wild card?

3 minutes ago, 112 said:

I think we're a playoff team now. I just really hope this post isn't equally sad and funny by January.

Last yr there were right in the hunt close to Jan, then fell off after Edler and Tanev went down. I think this roster is an upgrade on both forward and D, and the young guys are still improving. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It’s not being soft.. he is an idiot, everything is overanalyzed doom and gloom out of his mouth..  don’t think I even heard “Welcome to Vancouver Tyler” out of his mouth,. and if there was it would have been politically deceptive of the negativity he has been posting about this player and all over this city for years..  there is not an upbeat bone in his body.. 

Nothing even remotely “Devils advocate” about him,.  Guy needs some pragmatism in his context.. 

Theres always the “guy” who says the opposite of others, because it’s easy.. doesn’t have to think about his questioning,. because he’s lazy,....    Because he is soft.    Patterson is Soft.   and just plain Sh/##y.

People here will always sh** on any guy that is against the regime. I share a more optimistic view but as a fan I absolutely understand their concern.

Guys like Botch did and said the absolute same things. For just stating his opinions and being honest about his opinions on the direction of the team, he was condemned heavily and seen by many as a troll and an illegitimate member of the media just trying to get clicks. Until tragedy hit not many on here saw and understood what he was really about. Almost always, if people believe differently, it's like, THEIR opinion. That's all it is, there's no calculation behind it. People have opinions. In this case, I don't think Patterson believes in JB really at all, but that's his opinion, whatever. I think not being one of the worst teams the last 5 years may have helped. If a guy was consistently and unconditionally positive towards everything the Canucks do, I don't think they would be part of Canucks media. Calling someone an idiot for believing against what people want to believe is extremely ignorant and childish.

Regarding the "Welcome to Vancouver Tyler," part, how is it in any way his responsibility to welcome Myers to the organization? He's literally a guy in the media that writes things, expresses his opinions, and provides news from time to time. He's not part of the organization. Getting offended by something he says is absolutely soft, especially if you believe that he's doing this exactly for the purpose of riling you up, then why succumb to it?

Edited by Grape
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think a lot more additions will be made through subtraction.  Now that the worst part of LE’s contract was paid for today it makes a trade (edit: or buyout) way more easier to make.  

I can’t see us keeping him for the next 3 years, wonder when he’ll go and how much it’ll cost us to be rid of him.

I didn’t mind him as a depth guy when cap wasn’t an issue, as he played defence and still got his 10 goals... but with his recent comments and us gearing up for the playoffs it’s time to cut ties.  

• Upvote 2