The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putin: Western liberalism is obsolete, outlived its purpose.

sam13371337

22 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This was a big topic of discussion when I was talking with my cousin a couple of years ago, so perhaps it's old news now.  

I think that having too many immigrants from the same location all relocating at once to the same area is a really bad first step.  Of course there are limitations because the offset is that you have a lot of people in difficult situations where they can't wait around for months, but it makes a huge difference if you are forced to interact with locals and other immigrants from difference societies early on.  I was fortunate enough to come to Canada 25 years ago as an immigrant, and you could tell right away that most of the people just spent time with others from within their community.  Quebec at the time had a great program that would take an immigrant family and pair them up with a local family who would show them around once in a blue moon.  In any case, my family put in the effort to learn French (and later English) as soon as we could.  I think the onus should still remain on the individual to integrate instead of giving them excuses because of hard times.  

I can only speak for my own experiences in my part of Germany, but here it was mostly done the way you suggest. Trying to distribute people to many smaller communities, towns, giving them language classes, providing opportunities to join activities, local sport clubs etc. Of course there a troublemakers, intercultural misunderstandings, certain fears and at the end of the day it is everyone's own responsibility to decide how much he is willing to give up (culturally), to invest and to integrate, all I can say is that the fearmongering and Putin's statements are blowing the entire thing way out of proportion.

2 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Does the left wing ideology that wants its citizens to live in fear and under control not register on your radar? or are you just using this for your own agenda?   WE have a Liberal federal government...seems to me they are pretty good at handing our money to the corporate wealthy as long as it benefits them.  Left or right, the world leaders are playing us all for fools as they all aim to achieve the same level of control and power. 

We have a Neo-liberalist government actually.

Vastly different.  Which is why I keep calling Scheer Trudeau Lite, and True Dough Harper Lite.

Both wings of the same bird, not left or right

25 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Guy walks around naked in front of kids on the street: "Arrest him!! What a sicko!! He needs a mental health check!!". Guy walks around naked in front of a bunch of kids in a pride parade: "Nothing they wouldn't see at any beach. Why is everyone so afraid of nudity? We're born naked. There's nude beaches all over Europe".

I rest my case.

Oh muffin

image.png.f3bf839a271a6cfdd4c3cde08ba94e3e.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Except they don't. I'm talking about the pride parades. They advertise it as a "family event" parents bring their children. I'm not saying all parade participants are naked, but some are and some are scantily clad. Not only do the parents bring their children to check it out, they actually think they are doing a great thing. 

So you think your precious kid seeing a real penis or a pair of boobs .  is really going be damaging....

Yet you probably have no internet restrictions in your house.... and you  let your kid play fort nite and call of Duty .   24 hrs a day all week..   -  too funny....

Edited by kingofsurrey

50 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

Guy walks around naked in front of kids on the street: "Arrest him!! What a sicko!! He needs a mental health check!!". Guy walks around naked in front of a bunch of kids in a pride parade: "Nothing they wouldn't see at any beach. Why is everyone so afraid of nudity? We're born naked. There's nude beaches all over Europe".

I rest my case.

Case dismissed. 

14 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep he 100% was.  Haha hip never fails to display his lack of understanding. 

Quick.  Trot out an " I was an AJHL star my family are oil barons farmers and fought all 9 world war stories so I'm smarter than you" stories again

We love those

Wait no, do "Makar will never be anything" again

Edited by Warhippy

54 minutes ago, mayor MCcheese said:

I rest my case.

You should have done so a long time ago and saved yourself the embarrassment.

You were asked to provide proof of your silly assertion and have failed to do so. You've also ignored questions of whether you're offended by people taking their kids to the beach, where they'd see much the same as they would a Pride parade.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

You should have done so a long time ago and saved yourself the embarrassment.

You were asked to provide proof of your silly assertion and have failed to do so. You've also ignored questions of whether you're offended by people taking their kids to the beach, where they'd see much the same as they would a Pride parade.

I mean, if he finds Pride so offensive, he could always not take his kids to it. :frantic:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Sedge said:

"The liberal idea presupposes that nothing needs to be done. That migrants can kill, plunder and rape with impunity because their rights as migrants have to be protected,"

Weird, but I'm pretty sure if an immigrant is convicted of any of those crimes they will be on the next boat out of Canada faster than you can say fake news. 

If a migrant, or anyone, commits murder, or rape, that person shot be put down.  I really don’t care what method is used either.  No way are they deported.  Decapitated yes, but not friggin’ deported.  

4 hours ago, mayor MCcheese said:

woman her tits to a kid at a beach, they would be arrested

Nope, it is not illegal for a woman to go topless. The very vast majority choose not to, but they have the same rights as men, to have their chest bare.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Quick.  Trot out an " I was an AJHL star my family are oil barons farmers and fought all 9 world war stories so I'm smarter than you" stories again

We love those

Coming from the guy who clearly failed grade 10 social studies but thinks he's the residency expert because you've read a few CBC reports.  it's funny what you said earlier ....."There is just so much bloody stupid...that it makes me weep for our education system because at days end, it obviously failed at some point" because I feel exactly this every time you talk politics.  And you are so far lost/stubborn that it's not worth time correcting you.  Just got to sit back, shake my head and laugh. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Wait no, do "Makar will never be anything" again

When did i say that?  Oh yeh I didn't, i said I didn't think he was worth a top 10 pick, which i've "admitted I was wrong about".  Something you lack the maturity to do.  Just shows who's got better character.  

PS found this part very funny.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Any time someone uses the words Putin and wise man then blames liberalism for the western worlds problems I check out.

3 pages later you're still going on about it.......So much for checking out.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so, like Canada? 

I would agree except more the Canada I grew up in.   Canada has taken some bizarre turns in terms of the social responsibility (more based upon whine than need) and the discriminatory policies (reverse it appears).   I think that in general , Canada remains one of the best countries in the world with the best ideals and constructs - it is the edges of those constructs that some are challenging that give me concern but the concern is mild in compare to their neighbours to the south.

• Upvote 1