The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Micheal Ferland | #79 | LW

-DLC-

Just now, Kushman said:

And that's all she wrote. Ferlands career is done. Hope he makes a full recovery and enjoys the rest of his time with his family. Playing anymore hockey at this point is dangerous.

I am sad I was hoping he would come up and help out the team, now as you say I too hope he makes a full recovery and just live his life being with his young family.

3 minutes ago, Kushman said:

And that's all she wrote. Ferlands career is done. Hope he makes a full recovery and enjoys the rest of his time with his family. Playing anymore hockey at this point is dangerous.

Tbh it could be how out of shape he is might wanna ease back into full contact i wanna be optimistic 

We better not be on the hook for his caphit. This is a legitimate health concer and he should not be pressured back in the lineup. Lots of teams get away with this type of this for a way less legitimate reason. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, 73 Percent said:

We better not be on the hook for his caphit. This is a legitimate health concer and he should not be pressured back in the lineup. Lots of teams get away with this type of this for a way less legitimate reason. 

I wonder if we can do what Winnipeg did and have a mutual termination of the contract? 

Was really looking forward to seeing what he could bring to this group, now speaking as someone who has had 7 diagnosed concussions and possibly more undiagnosed, for his own good I hope he takes this as a its quiting time, as it stands LTIR for him and bring someone up for the remainder of the season/postseason, barring a collapse in the next 1.5 months.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Ferland is done like dinner.

How the heck do we get his cap removed from the team now??

• Wat 1

Honestly, I don't think he should have even attempted to come back this season. He should have sit the entire season and maybe tried coming back at the start of next year imo, although it kinda seems like it may have been a moot point regardless. 

There are times when hockey needs to take a backseat and this is one of them. He needs to think about his health first and foremost. 

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

Seems like a bit of a scam that he gets signed for 15 million and then the team gets screwed with his cap hit.

I try not to dis our Canuck management. But on this signing it seems they certainly did not do their due diligence on this player. Heck, the only reason the Canucks got Ferland was because other teams would not give him that term because they were worried about his health status. 

I was so excited for this signing to. Major disappointment. Hopefully someone that understands cap management much more than I can weigh in here and tell us what happens with his cap hit if he never plays again.

I believe that if he goes on to the LTIR permanently, the Canucks then get to go above the cap by the same amount as his aav. But please someone else advice...

Thanks.

• Wat 1