The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

Allvin got rid of the worst contract on the Canucks.  Yeah!!!

He's going to be looking for a top 4 LHD to replace him.

This means that Myers will be on the team next season.  Another bad contract.  2nd worst if you ask me but only for 1 more year.  

Finding 2 top 4 D in 1 offseason and a 3C would take more cap than they have.  Doing any more than this would be a bonus.

Hope he can play with some structure in his own zone and keep it simple. We’ve seen stretches where he’s done that and other times he’s completely lost. Glad he only has 1 year left, I have not enjoyed watching him. 

On 6/22/2023 at 5:47 PM, Crabcakes said:

Finding 2 top 4 D in 1 offseason and a 3C would take more cap than they have.  Doing any more than this would be a bonus.

29 minutes ago, TopChed said:

I really think it's adorable how Canucks fans would be super stoked to go into next season with a D corps of 

Hughes Hronek

Hirose Woo

Rathbone Mcward

Can't wait till we dump that plug Myers. 

@Crabcakes is right. No way we bring in a legitimate 3C and 2 second-pairing quailty D's. I think 3C is the top priority. If we get a 3C and one reasonable second-pairing D, that would be a huge win. 

I am not sure if @TopChad is being serious or making a joke. It will be interesting to see how Hirose, Woo, and McWard develop.  I am prepared to close the book on Rathbone, though. His defensive play just is not good enough at the NHL level.

But none of those guys is likely to make the team out of camp this year. 

Myers is terrible value for his cap hit (obviously), but it is beginning to look like he starts the season on the team. I would still like to see him traded (or given away) and it should be possible after paying his bonus on Sept. 15.  But right now is ahead of Woo and McWard on the right side. And, even if Juulsen and Burroughs re-sign, Myers probably gets the nod ahead of both of them.

I wonder if there is any chance Poolman might be able to play. I guess his career is probably over but I have heard nothing definitive.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Seravelli mentioned Canucks talking to San Jose about Myers, anyone know if that is legit?

With our luck it would probably be something like trading Myers for Vlasic...

They do have lots of cap space though. 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:10 PM, JamesB said:

@Crabcakes is right. No way we bring in a legitimate 3C and 2 second-pairing quailty D's. I think 3C is the top priority. If we get a 3C and one reasonable second-pairing D, that would be a huge win. 

I am not sure if @TopChad is being serious or making a joke. It will be interesting to see how Hirose, Woo, and McWard develop.  I am prepared to close the book on Rathbone, though. His defensive play just is not good enough at the NHL level.

But none of those guys is likely to make the team out of camp this year. 

Myers is terrible value for his cap hit (obviously), but it is beginning to look like he starts the season on the team. I would still like to see him traded (or given away) and it should be possible after paying his bonus on Sept. 15.  But right now is ahead of Woo and McWard on the right side. And, even if Juulsen and Burroughs re-sign, Myers probably gets the nod ahead of both of them.

I wonder if there is any chance Poolman might be able to play. I guess his career is probably over but I have heard nothing definitive.  

and Dermott, any news on him?

On 6/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, TopChed said:

I really think it's adorable how Canucks fans would be super stoked to go into next season with a D corps of 

Hughes Hronek

Hirose Woo

Rathbone Mcward

Until they find a replacement for Myers he's better than the 4 bottom guys.

• Vintage 1

seems, according to rumours, they will go after cole to play with hronek and someone like schenn to play with hughes. according to to shaw, the new d-men have to be great pk'ers. i forget who he mentioned as a center, canmucks might go after?

• Cheers 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, TopChed said:

Hughes Hronek

Hirose Woo

Rathbone Mcward

That defense is getting its ass handed to it.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 hours ago, johngould21 said:

Team reportedly isn't qualifying Dermott.

Believe he will become UFA if so - but I'm not sure his status as IR affects becoming UFA or not? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'll be shocked if that's how the blueline will be at opening night.  You have to think management has a plan (else why buy out OEL?).

Exactly. A move as brazen as that has is part of a larger series of moves. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, johngould21 said:

As most people know by now, Dermott was not qualified by the Canucks so he is now a UFA. No surprise there.

But I have heard nothing about his health. He struggled with concussion issues all year after being hurt in practice during pre-season.

If he is healthy maybe the Canucks sign him for the NHL min but I get the feeling he is not 100% as we would heard more by now if he was close. 

• Upvote 1

OK folks, here is the question, pretty sure the answer is a big, NO!!!

Future Considerations can still be part of hockey trades, we still see it. Who else remembers when we traded Jim Sandlak, the House to Hartford and he was the Future Considerations part of the trade, made at the deadline, but House didn't go to Hartford until after the playoffs, who remembers? I remember Burkie, who was the Hartford GM at that time, saying wait until you see who the Future Considerations are and it was House.

So, can we make a trade with Myers being the Future Considerations part which kicks in after September 1st with the money paid?? In which case we don't have to wait to make the trade.