The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Exactly.  Go to the 14 mins mark .....

Especially coming September 15, teams have already set their rosters and very little movement occurs right before training camp.

The more and more I think about it, we may have to stomach seeing Myers for the next season, may not be til next TDL before we see a potential move for Myers. So it may very well look like Bear, Hronek, and Myers as our right side next season. 

Not being able to move any of Myers' cap this offseason makes any other moves that much more difficult. Also re-emphasizes just how important moving one or multiple of Beauvillier, Boeser, and/or Garland is to create some breathing room.

I'm still curious if a Future Consideration in a trade can be the agreement to trade a player after their signing bonus is paid.

Bo hoo! Bo Horvat said the fans are better in NYI. 

*Same fan

pops into the Myers thread to slag him for getting invited to play for team Canada. 

Congratulations Myers. Hope you put on a show for Canada. 

Edited by hammertime

On 5/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, Diamonds said:

Not being able to move any of Myers' cap this offseason makes any other moves that much more difficult. Also re-emphasizes just how important moving one or multiple of Beauvillier, Boeser, and/or Garland is to create some breathing room.

I'm still curious if a Future Consideration in a trade can be the agreement to trade a player after their signing bonus is paid.

if they cannot move Myers and do not buyout OEL, they will move 2 of Beauvellier, Brock and garland. Tanner Pearson and Poolman will not play

• There it is 1

4 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Team Canada saw our defensive metrics and pk stats right?  There must be a lot less lustre to playing this then there once was.

Well Lucic is going.  It looks like Canadian players, playing for Canadian teams, get first chance to play.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

if they cannot move Myers and do not buyout OEL, they will move 2 of Beauvellier, Brock and garland. Tanner Pearson and Poolman will not play

Should do both. Buyout OEL, trade Myers and move two of those wingers. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Should do both. Buyout OEL, trade Myers and move two of those wingers. 

That OEL contract would be on the books for eight years Alf.

Sadly there's not much we can do to erase the ugliness.

Jimmy was obsessed with OEL. Pursued him like Captain Ahab pursued the white whale....

• Haha 2

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I agree, I just don't think they will buyout oel

I agree. Our owner won’t write that kind of cheque. He should, because it’s mostly his fault for pushing Benning into making such a bad trade to start with, but he won’t. Just imagine buying out OEL and trading Myers (after his bonus) what 13 mil in cap space could do to help Hughes. He’s pretty much our only top four D. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

That OEL contract would be on the books for eight years Alf.

Sadly there's not much we can do to erase the ugliness.

Jimmy was obsessed with OEL. Pursued him like Captain Ahab pursued the white whale....

Can we ship OEL off the Robidaus Island? 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Alflives said:

This Canadian team sounds bad. Nice to hear Myers is playing good though. I wonder how Bear is doing? 

That Norway game was pretty brutal. Bear was on the ice for a GA but it looked like he had his check.