The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

On 5/5/2023 at 7:29 PM, Alflives said:

I agree. Our owner won’t write that kind of cheque. He should, because it’s mostly his fault for pushing Benning into making such a bad trade to start with, but he won’t. Just imagine buying out OEL and trading Myers (after his bonus) what 13 mil in cap space could do to help Hughes. He’s pretty much our only top four D. 

i don't get that. if we pay myer's bonus, that 5 mil is counted against our cap, isn't it. we save 1m.

56 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i don't get that. if we pay myer's bonus, that 5 mil is counted against our cap, isn't it. we save 1m.

No, the full cap hit counts against whatever team he’s playing on, regardless of who paid the actual cash and when.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Myer's will be playing for a contract this year. Auditioning for his new team. He might actually be worth something after we see a few games to start the season. 

That's what I've been saying. I still want him gone, but he's playing for his next payday. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Myers and Garland keep going...wow. If Myers plays like this next year we have our top RD to play with Hughes...maybe he'll have a Karlsson-like rebirth for his new contract?

Or maybe Myers and our first to CBJ for their first  :bigblush:

Love how Myers is performing, but this reminds me a bit of Eriksson, who always seemed to perform better for Sweden than the Canucks. Hopefully we get the best Myers yet in his last year. I highly doubt he'll be back after this year, especially if he has a good year and wants to cash in again.

• 3 weeks later...

So I guess Myers is here to start the season. I hope he has a bounceback season, but in no world is he worth the 6m. I believe his contract should be movable, given the 1m real money after the bonus payout - so if we do well and he does not, I suppose there are options.

https://www.canucksdaily.com/MAJOR-Patrik-Allvin-gives-a-major-update-on-Tyler-Myers-future-with-the-club-248638

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

So I guess Myers is here to start the season. I hope he has a bounceback season, but in no world is he worth the 6m. I believe his contract should be movable, given the 1m real money after the bonus payout - so if we do well and he does not, I suppose there are options.

https://www.canucksdaily.com/MAJOR-Patrik-Allvin-gives-a-major-update-on-Tyler-Myers-future-with-the-club-248638

Myers will start on our bottom pairing. He’s likely carried by a rookie too - Hirose.