The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

So Loui decided to air his dirty laundry to a reporter, basically complain about how he's being utilized with the team, the fans disagree and have every right to disagree because they have seen him play and not perform to expectations, and now CDC is saying the fans are whining about it? Wait what? The guy makes 6M a year and cries to the media, and it's the fans who are crying? :towel:

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

No doubt.... Loui  is the last thing on my mind at this point.  If he goes he goes, if he stays he must perform better than others. all there is to it really.

I wish we had access to some more player summer training videos though, even just mini clips, to add to the hype 

Totally.

7 minutes ago, rychicken said:

my bad..

Not at all, ry. Your post was solid. It's more so how a thread that contains even a sliver of mention of....the guy...seems to start a snowball effect. I've been more than guilty in the past of it, without a doubt, but am trying to focus on the team as a whole and this coming season is pretty exciting all things considered.

7 minutes ago, rychicken said:

as for the rest of the interview...Green does sound excited about the possibilities for line combos, etc....he can put together lines that he believes will work, rather than lines he hopes will work....

Exactly. He's been given a much more competent roster this coming season that will be far more capable of playing the type of game he likes to coach.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Y'all are focusing FAR too much on his SWE media comments. Both the pro and con sides of the argument. They're just an (unwanted) sideshow and distraction in all this.

The crux of the matter is that he's in an uphill battle to stay on this roster, regardless of what he said in SWE or what Green truly thinks of those comments. He doesn't suit the coach's preferred play style and he's not a better player than other cheaper, younger players who hold far more value to the team moving forward. 

If he earns a spot on this club, he'll have to have played his BALLS off this preseason (and frankly will also likely have had to change his 10+ year established play style)... Let's just say I'm not putting money on that happening.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So Loui decided to air his dirty laundry to a reporter, basically complain about how he's being utilized with the team, the fans disagree and have every right to disagree because they have seen him play and not perform to expectations, and now CDC is saying the fans are whining about it? Wait what? The guy makes 6M a year and cries to the media, and it's the fans who are crying? :towel:

Yes very much. He made the comment in May. It's now August, who is still complaining? Who keeps bringing it up? Did Travis Green ask Iain McIntyre about Loui ? Or Was it Jim Benning? 

I think It's the media milking the fans to cry outrage at the Loui contract . Summer time makes fans rabid/out for blood. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

No, no he didn't.

lol how can you say that with a straight face ?  if he didn't whine in the media all this wouldn't have happened , right    just like the uber  incident in Ottawa   you talk crap about the coach out you go lol     

46 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I’d like the naïveté of posters who think that Green’s public comments about LE put to bed any problems regarding their relationship. What happens behind closed doors is usually a whole other story. 

A fair observation, but that naïveté doesn’t stretch any further than your implied cynicism that TG’s message “behind closed doors” will be demonstrably different than the one he has publicly voiced here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DS4quality said:

Yes very much. He made the comment in May. It's now August, who is still complaining? Who keeps bringing it up? Did Travis Green ask Iain McIntyre about Loui ? Or Was it Jim Benning? 

I think It's the media milking the fans to cry outrage at the Loui contract . Summer time makes fans rabid/out for blood. 

How many times has the media spoke to Green about it, since it took place?

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Those guys were nuts.What if the guy on the far end had to use the washroom? lol And notice the guy on the other end, having a drink. Yikes.

Without a frickin' doubt. Just looking at the picture makes me queasy. And as far as using the washroom, I'd have done that upon being up there.

Here's one from after lunch.

construction-workers-steel-beam.jpg

F' that noise.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

"I like that Miller and Ferland are both capable of playing up and down the lineup."

This is the type of comment that gives me a certain degree of concern and could ultimately be Green's undoing.

I get the upside from a diversity of options, and see the positive, but the last thing I want to see is Miller and Ferland struggle to find chemistry with anyone because they're bouncing around the lineup too much.

I really wish he would have said ... Miller and Ferland really solidify our Top 6 and fill certain holes offensively and physicslly that we had last season, plus they both give us more options within our top two lines. As well, other options up and down the lineup if need be.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

"I like that Miller and Ferland are both capable of playing up and down the lineup."

This is the type of comment that gives me a certain degree of concern and could ultimately be Green's undoing.

I get the upside from a diversity of options, and see the positive, but the last thing I want to see is Miller and Ferland struggle to find chemistry with anyone because they're bouncing around the lineup too much.

I really wish he would have said ... Miller and Ferland really solidify our Top 6 and fill certain holes offensively and physicslly that we had last season, plus they both give us more options within our top two lines. As well, other options up and down the lineup if need be.

I actually kinda ‘hmmmmd’ to myself on this part as well. Hopefully “up and down” means between the top 2 lines...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

F' that noise.

I see they're all sort of linked together, to keep the guy next to them steady? Well, if one guy moves, they might all fall down lol Crazy.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I agree, when I read that, my first thought was: you mean they might not play in the top 6? 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1