The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks Buyers or Sellers at the Trade Deadline

Rate this topic

Yung1

???  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Will the Canucks find themselves in a position to buy buy buy or sell sell sell at the 2020 NHL Trade Deadline?

2. In what scenario would it be justified for the Canucks to spend picks/prospects on trade deadline assets to assist a playoff push?

Edited by Yung1
  • Wat 1

Really depends on our injury situation. No injuries and playoff looking team = stay put. Injuries and out of the playoffs = trade a couple guys for later picks, and try and stock up for next year. 

2 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Really depends on our injury situation. No injuries and playoff looking team = stay put. Injuries and out of the playoffs = trade a couple guys for later picks, and try and stock up for next year. 

You forgot option C: Make a blockbuster trade to solidify our Stanley Cup run because we've been leading the division for the last two months

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Really depends on where we're at, but we'll be tight up against the cap barring some trades. Either way, if we're well into a playoff spot at that point, I'd rather wait and see if our current roster can get it done before trying to buy more to make it work.

lol how are we going to be buyers when we have nothing of significance to buy with? we are already out our 1st rounder, are we willing to give up the 2nd rounders too? or are we giving up on prospect that doesn't have much value in the NHL atm? the only prospect we have that might be worth anything is podkolzin and dipeitro.. as for the NHL players we have LE sutter who we are trying to dump.. maybe virtanen but his stock ain't high. and moving tanev is more of a seller move than a buyer move

I said never ever given we will be bumping the cap ceiling and won’t have any money.  And I’m actually happy we gave LE and Luongo holding around 6 million hostage for three more years as in a way it’s saving for the future when we will be at or near the tops in our division and making adds makes sense, even for rentals.  Hopefully this  will keep management from doing anything stupid like trading Woo...or someone else we will need later to ice the cake. 

Edited by IBatch

My own projection is we will be fighting SJ for 3rd place;

Vegas

Calgary

SJ / Vancouver

Edmonton  (improves with Tippet & Evan Bouchard

Phoenix

LA

Anaheim

And the Midwest will have both wildcard teams + Chicago fighting but ahead of SJ & us.;

Dallas

Colorado

St Louis

Nashville

Winnipeg / Chicago

So I reckon we wil have hockey trade talk.

• Upvote 1

Without seeing this new Canucks roster in action once how could anyone say what our deadline plans should be? Lol. Without knowing our injury situation. Too many unknowns.

Feel like we do nothing. Young enough if we’re playoff bound we don’t NEED to win so we don’t NEED to but. And we have enough vets already to help shelter kids in the playoffs. If we’re dead in the water Sutter and Tanev could make could trade bait.