Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SOLD OUT EXHIBITION GAME IN MINUTES

Rate this topic


hockeygod77
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yep, in Victoria at the Royal's home arena. About an 8,000 seat facility. Lots of Canucks fans in town excited they have a chance to see the team without paying BC Ferries through the nose.

The capacity is probably the main thing here. I imagine pre-season games in Rogers probably only get about 12000 which is still far more than that capacity alone. Supply and demand probably made some of the season ticket holders want to lock up those tickets and re-sell them for an absurd price. Plus as you mention, the locals wanting this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

There was also a presale for Canucks email subscribers.  I could have easily purchased tickets a week ago but passed up as that's my team's first game of the season that night.

 

Playing is more important than watching.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

Wait a second.  You posted an hour ago but tickets don't go on sale until 10am.

 

image.png.b36068a0cb12cdb647a19fc4c1a933fa.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The capacity is probably the main thing here. I imagine pre-season games in Rogers probably only get about 12000 which is still far more than that capacity alone. Supply and demand probably made some of the season ticket holders want to lock up those tickets and re-sell them for an absurd price. Plus as you mention, the locals wanting this.

Capacity is a factor, sure, but the demand was a LOT higher than 12,000. It's not that they're bigger fans, it's just a rare oportunity for Islanders and they jump on the chance. Going to a game in Vancouver is an expensive full weekend trip, not something you can do on any given evening.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Capacity is a factor, sure, but the demand was a LOT higher than 12,000. It's not that they're bigger fans, it's just a rare oportunity for Islanders and they jump on the chance. Going to a game in Vancouver is an expensive full weekend trip, not something you can do on any given evening.

I'm just saying that for a pre-season game in Vancouver in Rogers that it doesn't usually sell out, but with their capacity even at those numbers, it's no surprise that tickets would be wiped out. When you combine what you say that locals have more incentive to go to this game and the fact that there are people that follow the supply and demand rule and try to profit from it, it would have always been difficult to get tickets for this game by the time the public sale comes out.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

In before “it sucked, there were almost no regulars on the ice”

 

Glad the hype is high.

 

Edited by Me_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...