The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SOLD OUT EXHIBITION GAME IN MINUTES

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

29 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Yep, in Victoria at the Royal's home arena. About an 8,000 seat facility. Lots of Canucks fans in town excited they have a chance to see the team without paying BC Ferries through the nose.

The capacity is probably the main thing here. I imagine pre-season games in Rogers probably only get about 12000 which is still far more than that capacity alone. Supply and demand probably made some of the season ticket holders want to lock up those tickets and re-sell them for an absurd price. Plus as you mention, the locals wanting this.

43 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

There was also a presale for Canucks email subscribers.  I could have easily purchased tickets a week ago but passed up as that's my team's first game of the season that night.

Playing is more important than watching.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

The  canucks flames game was sold out in a blink of an eye.......tickets were gobbled up by most of season royal ticket holders and went on public today and id say maybe 95 per cent filled....wow...

Wait a second.  You posted an hour ago but tickets don't go on sale until 10am.

image.png.b36068a0cb12cdb647a19fc4c1a933fa.png

11 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

The capacity is probably the main thing here. I imagine pre-season games in Rogers probably only get about 12000 which is still far more than that capacity alone. Supply and demand probably made some of the season ticket holders want to lock up those tickets and re-sell them for an absurd price. Plus as you mention, the locals wanting this.

Capacity is a factor, sure, but the demand was a LOT higher than 12,000. It's not that they're bigger fans, it's just a rare oportunity for Islanders and they jump on the chance. Going to a game in Vancouver is an expensive full weekend trip, not something you can do on any given evening.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

Capacity is a factor, sure, but the demand was a LOT higher than 12,000. It's not that they're bigger fans, it's just a rare oportunity for Islanders and they jump on the chance. Going to a game in Vancouver is an expensive full weekend trip, not something you can do on any given evening.

I'm just saying that for a pre-season game in Vancouver in Rogers that it doesn't usually sell out, but with their capacity even at those numbers, it's no surprise that tickets would be wiped out. When you combine what you say that locals have more incentive to go to this game and the fact that there are people that follow the supply and demand rule and try to profit from it, it would have always been difficult to get tickets for this game by the time the public sale comes out.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

In before “it sucked, there were almost no regulars on the ice”

Glad the hype is high.

Edited by Me_