The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide

Canorth

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Then they found that multiple allegations against him were made up.  The only "she said" that came much too late to try and prove anything was of course an accusation by Ford.

They did not, you are very incorrect about this

15 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I don't care if it was suicide or not to be truthful.  Wish they'd all be found in the same state.

The elite crowd who think it's ok to exploit minors and buy whatever they want will generate absolutely no sympathy or empathy from me.

One down is my thinking.

Funny but this really ties in to another thread that measures "success" by education, status, fortune, opportunity.  These guys who have it all don't always scream "success" to me in a having mastered life way.  

One minor player in the scumbag family tree, as opposed to exposing people with real power for far greater crimes? 

Thats just shortsighted. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

So lets not talk about the horrors that Epstein did, let's talk about how Trump partied with Epstein? Why can't a story be a story on it's own nowadays? Seriously this Trump hating thing is turning into a sickness. I don't like Trump as much as the next person but darn it I'm sorry but I need a break from talking and hearing about him. Protests, His fault, hear racist slurs, it's from him, Epstein, he hung out so let's all forget about all the other horrid things Epstein did. So many questions to this story like  How did this guy get off suicide watch in the first place? What other names are going to be exposed? Or more importantly how are the victims going to be getting justice? Need to do the victims justice by focusing on them not Trump/.

Edited by smokes
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, butters said:

They did not, you are very incorrect about this

More than one did.  One of them even flat out admitted she made it up the accusation because she was angry that Kavanaugh was nominated then she turned around and suddenly denied it when the case was referred to the FBI and DOJ.  The idiot didn't realize that she had committed multiple felonies by lying.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/02/brett-kavanaugh-accuser-referred-fbi-doj-investigation/1863210002/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/3/another-kavanaugh-accuser-admits-fabricating-rape-/

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, smokes said:

So lets not talk about the horrors that Epstein did, let's talk about how Trump partied with Epstein? Why can't a story be a story on it's own nowadays? Seriously this Trump hating thing is turning into a sickness. I don't like Trump as much as the next person but darn it I'm sorry but I need a break from talking and hearing about him. Protests, His fault, hear racist slurs, it's from him, Epstein, he hung out so let's all forget about all the other horrid things Epstein did. So many questions to this story like  How did this guy get off suicide watch in the first place? What other names are going to be exposed? Or more importantly how are the victims going to be getting justice? Need to do the victims justice by focusing on them not Trump/.

So we are allowed to talk about all the other "names" that can be "exposed" except Trump? You know the guy that has already bragged about sexually assaulting women on camera and has also faced numerous accusations from multiple women of the same. People are mentioning Trump and Clinton due to their close ties to Epstein and due to the overwhelming evidence of them both being creeps. But congrats you might be the biggest Trump-nut hugger on this board, even most of his fans in the other thread and have decided to stay out of this one. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Toews said:

So we are allowed to talk about all the other "names" that can be "exposed" except Trump? You know the guy that has already bragged about sexually assaulting women on camera and has also faced numerous accusations from multiple women of the same. People are mentioning Trump and Clinton due to their close ties to Epstein and due to the overwhelming evidence of them both being creeps. But congrats you might be the biggest Trump-nut hugger on this board, even most of his fans in the other thread and have decided to stay out of this one. 

He said in his post he doesn't like Trump. Maybe not everybody is a Trump nut, and you just have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, smokes said:

We can do both (talk about the horrors AND those associated with and who are horrible).

And we discuss him because he's the President of one of the most powerful nations in the world.   That matters.

No one's "forgetting" what Epstein did....but it branches out and this is about victims, not perpetrators.  And the victims will likely continue to be if those in line who may be associated with this are business as usual.

It's kind of important, that's why.   And it's not ok to post pictures of him but it's ok to go off on a rant about him?  

You could very well just add your comments about Epstein and ignore mine/the others.   Be the solution then, if you find it a problem?

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

Who cares if he likes or doesn't like Drumpf, he indicated he wanted to talk about "what other names are going to be exposed" and was reminded that Drumpf is one of those possible names.

You seem to spend a lot of time talking about Drumpf derangement syndrome, but have yet to self diagnose yourself as a possible Drumpf nut hugger with all the deflecting you try to do.

That's the first time I've mentioned it on this board. I could make the same argument that all you can think about is deflecting things against trump. All you care is if Trump is involved or guilty. You don't care who else committed these crimes? Really? And then you have the gall to insult me?

Which one of us is really the nutjob here?

I've already mentioned in this thread that this is beyond left vs right or Clinton vs Trump. But you clearly didn't read that. You're not here to read. You're here to insult.

Edited by Baer.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Baer. said:

And then you have the gall to insult me?

You led with TDS, so don't try to cry about names and insults  mmmmK?

7 hours ago, Baer. said:

You're here to insult.

Epstein's corpse wasn't even cold and you were trotting out Clintons, plane rides, arranged plans and murder. Doesn't sound rational to me.

Fortunately I'm not here to insult you, or anyone else.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Baer. said:

That's the first time I've mentioned it on this board. I could make the same argument that all you can think about is deflecting things against trump. All you care is if Trump is involved or guilty. You don't care who else committed these crimes? Really? And then you have the gall to insult me?

I've already mentioned in this thread that this is beyond left vs right or Clinton vs Trump. But you clearly didn't read that. You're not here to read. You're here to insult.

I think it's pretty clear, Baer....Epstein committed these crimes.

Personally, I don't believe the conspiracy theories and I think @SabreFan1 is right. He was taken off suicide watch and took the opportunity to off himself. Is it possible that someone really screwed up here? Absolutely. In fact, I'd say it's probable, but the immediate finger pointing at the Clintons is even sillier than the finger pointing at Trump, IMO. It's likely that there are several of Epstein's "associates" who are guilty of something, but guilt by association is a pretty difficult thing to prove. My guess is that if the investigation turns up any other guilty parties, it will be some underling of Epstein's who did the "recruiting/arranging". Maybe a lawyer, who made "hush money" payments etc.

People like Trump and Bubba, were there to be seen and almost certainly took advantage of the situation, but I seriously doubt their involvement went any deeper than that. I think the worst case scenario for either of them would be if it could somehow be proved that they slept with an underage girl. That being said, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I guess it boils down to the fact that I look at this from the opposite side as that of many others: They're disappointed at the possibility that other guilty parties might not be held to account, while I'm glad that the world is rid of the guilty party.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Baer. said:

I’d never heard the term, “nut hugger” used in that context before.  It’s kind of funny.  Gross, but funny.  

As for this Epstein guy, I’d never heard of him before.  From the sounds of what he was up to, it’s good he’s dead.  Guy was a bad one.  However, he seems to have a lot of associates that would want him dead, considering the connection to the vile behaviours they were involved in together.  Looks like the women involved, in the 1992 video with Trump and Epstein, were all 19 and older.  Those women are adults.  They made the choice to be there.  Combine alcohol, drugs, men, women, atmosphere and there will men who get the wrong idea of what is appropriate sexually.