The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

what canuck player are you most rooting to be the unsung hero, this year?

Rate this topic

smithers joe

I’m really hoping to see Virtanen hit 20 goals and have a breakout season. I think the additions of Ferland and Miller will have a huge impact on him being less afraid to engage and really throw his weight around.

So many different line up combinations, but would love to see a Ferland-Horvat-Virtanen line. Potential playoff line for sure. 

Well, if by "unsung hero" you mean everybody forgot about him then he turns up, makes an impression and all of a sudden he's everybody's hero I'm rooting for Zack MacEwan. I'd love it if a big, aggressive, team player type guy who can pop in a few goals could fight his way up the lineup and make a difference.

• Cheers 2

This is a fun thing to think about.  So many options.

I don't think it will happen, but would love to have Goldy just shine as well as he sees himself in his own head.  He's got one of the best smiles in the league, and it would be great to see it 30 times a year after each goal he pots.

Jake is probably my overall pick though, given how long I've waited for him to break out.  Finally turn that corner into being that reminder of Bert I always hoped he would be, and drastically increase beer consumption in BC.  Buy your brewery stock now! ;) 

On 8/19/2019 at 3:01 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

Juolevi. I'd like to see him come up and look like a top 4 defensemen. 

Yep. This has my hopeful vote. I also agree with Benn. I think he will be a great add.

Edited by cuporbust

I'm going with Goldy as my "feel good story". A highly skilled guy (Benning said he is the 2nd most skilled guy on the team) added to the top 6 would be amazing.

But opportunities might be slim for him and I have considerable doubts about his commitment to be a complete player so I am not exactly optimistic.

That aside, would a crazy year for Hughes be considered unsung? We expect big things from him already so I guess not. (Though I think he will do very well in his rookie season).

So with all that said, I'm going with the majority with Jake. He has all the tools, and so many have written him off already so he would certainly fit the "unsung" part.

Honorable mention to Ferland. I think fans will very quickly appreciate what having a guy like that in our forward group will bring.

Edited by kloubek

It's a known fact that a team gets better by building through the draft....OJ and Virt are my picks because they were both high picks and both would help this team if they develop and live up to expectation.

On 8/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I said Stetcher, but I'd also like to add Juolevi. While I don't see him making the opening night roster, I'm hoping that once the injuries start to mount, he steps in, secures a spot on the team, and doesn't look back.

If nothing else, it might shut some of the cOuLd HaVe HaD tKaChUkers up if he can become a strong offensive D.

Yeah man...I'll drink to that!..still shoud have picked MT...lol