The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2019-20 prospect training camp

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Thanks for posting this; finally September is here and so is camp!

I am looking forward to seeing what we have as prospects for defence.

Looks like "Aw-Lee" (as his mom pronounces his name) (Olli Juolevi) will be in uni by Saturday (finally).

Hughes and Chatfield are pretty well-known, but Eliot, Rafferty, Teves, and Woo should provide interesting viewing.

On forward, Focht  and Keppen interest me as I haven't seen anything on them.

And Jasek, Gadjovich, Lind, and MacEwen can show how much they have (or have not) progressed.

• Upvote 2

SO excited for training camp and seeing prospects develop. Excited about all prospects on list except Bailey and Perron...

Future is very bright, with prospects and young players already playing in the NHL 24 and under.. Pettersson, Boser, Horvat, Hughes, Virtanen, Demko, and Juolevi before Xmas, Goldy not sure future...

Go Canucks Go

Playoffs 3rd in Pacific...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, wildcam said:

SO excited for training camp and seeing prospects develop. Excited about all prospects on list except Bailey and Perron...

Future is very bright, with prospects and young players already playing in the NHL 24 and under.. Pettersson, Boser, Horvat, Hughes, Virtanen, Demko, and Juolevi before Xmas, Goldy not sure future...

Go Canucks Go

Playoffs 3rd in Pacific...

Why not? They are given 1 year, two-way contracts. Management do see something with them.

54 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Almost everyone has a shot.

Theoretically, perhaps.

Realistically, Hughes is a lock and OJ will likely see games sooner rather than later.  But other than a total catastrophe of injuries I see only Breesby getting a few games here/there. 

In no particular order:

Edler, Tanev, Stecher, Benn, Myers, Hughes, Biega, Fant - do we realistically see any of the kids not names OJ actually getting more than a couple games here/there? 

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Curious list. I would have though Perron/Bailey would have aged out of the 'prospect'  category. This is effectively Utica camp a month early. 

New guys in town. Makes sense Green would want an early look at them.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joe-max said:

The D-list looks very promising. Almost everyone has a shot.

Call me Mrs doubtfire.

I don't believe Teves in particular, or Rafferty have much of a shot.

They cleverly bring mature aged players, with a puck moving play style, without having to take up Utica veteran roster designations. To help compliment our actual developing players. You are only allowed so many veterans per game... 

After Zack MacEwen, Francis Perron and Bailey are the most proven forward prospects...  not sure why you'd write those two off when they've showed the most at the professional level in the AHL. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

nice to see a lot of real NHL potential on that list. 

I'm really hoping Gadjovich has a breakout year in Utica. 

I’m liking the size of some of these prospects.  Quinn the only one under 6 feet.

also hoping for Gadjovich to take a big step as well as Lind

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

6'3" 200 !!  He's certainly got some size. I always thought of Juolevi as a smallish to average size type Dman, but maybe that was because he was just a boy when they drafted him. I can't wait to see Juolevi the man in action for the Canucks. He's going to be a smooth operator, calm and cool, taking care of business. I think he could turn out to be quite a bit like Edler.  

Maybe some comparisons to Ohlund.  That would be awesome.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sonoman said:

I’m liking the size of some of these prospects.  Quinn the only one under 6 feet.

also hoping for Gadjovich to take a big step as well as Lind

yeah not sure what was going on with Lind last season, but I suspect he's going to be given a lot of opportunity this year. 

I didn't think Hughes would show up to this camp, glad he is tho, its a nice kick starter for him. 

• Upvote 1