Canucks Community

[Waivers] 9 players - Sept. 27, 2019

Just now, Squamfan said:

Hopefully

Tomorrows list will have

Goldy

Erikkson

Schaller

I'd be fine with that list. I do worry that Green has his coach-man-crush on Schaller for some reason this year. Coaches always seem to love a certain plug for some reason. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Chatfield and Brisebois, how are they still up?

Don't need waivers. 

Also, with Fantenberg injured one of the two likely slots in as the 8th d man. My money is on Brisebois taking that spot. The team has been high on him for years.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Don't need waivers. 

Also, with Fantenberg injured one of the two likely slots in as the 8th d man. My money is on Brisebois taking that spot. The team has been high on him for years.

he was a great pick in the 3rd round, just 17 and captain of his team. Seems like he's been around forever but he's just 22. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I wonder why they are still keeping Goldobin.

Good question.

If I had to guess right now - safety net. 

With BB down right now - all it would take is for someone like Ferk and/or Baer to suffer yet another injury and all of a sudden your top 6 depth that you've been building is looking slim.  We all know that Goldy plays top 6 or he doesn't play.  We also know from history, it won't be if, but when will someone get injured.....

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Hopefully Graovac doesn't get claimed. I really like how he played in the pre-season.

He was solid and had a nice camp, but I cannot see him getting claimed.  He could be a good desperation callup, but I don't think he will ever be an NHL regular.

40 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Don't need waivers. 

I have liked the way Chatfield has played.  Brisebois has seemed more indecisive and has had some bad turnovers. Chatfield seems more confident and ready.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I have liked the way Chatfield has played.  Brisebois has seemed more indecisive and has had some bad turnovers. Chatfield seems more confident and ready.

You must not have seen the second oilers game. #63 was absolutely brutal. Shocked he wasn't sent down the day after but I guess they didnt want to kick him while he was down.

23 minutes ago, Borvat said:

He was pretty bad in the last Ottawa game as well, bad turnovers, took some big hits, and did not look ready for the show. Brisebois has looked better imo. 

• Upvote 1