The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] September 30th - 39 players (Baertschi, Goldobin, Biega)

Ossi Vaananen

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I wonder how many of these crybabies will come back and own it when Baertschi clears waivers, meaning we just kept an incredibly useful depth player that can be called up at any time. 

A large chunk of this fan base...

drama-queen-j3f4oz.jpg

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

What a F'in JOKE!

What has this team struggled to do for years...score goals and create offense. What does our IDIOT GM do...waive a solid top 9 offensive minded playmaking F in Sven who happens to have good chemistry with Horvat. Sven also had a nice pre season playing with Gaudette, was looking forward to seeing that in the regular season...

What does this GM decide to do, keep older more useless offensive players in Schaller and Eriksson. Neither add grit, neither add more scoring and to say we kept them for better PK or defensive play is a joke and the wrong thing to do!

This team will NEVER be successful and win a CUP with GM JB in charge, mark my words!

giphy (1).gif

Edited by Lionized27
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I wonder how many of these crybabies will come back and own it when Baertschi clears waivers, meaning we just kept an incredibly useful depth player that can be called up at any time. 

Depends on what the Canucks' record ends up being 10 games into the season and the effectiveness of the PP.  

6 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Ho Sang has a lot of skill, but his character has never been stellar to begin with. At this point, he is a cancer to any locker room. HARD PASS. Baertschi deserves a spot many times over before Ho Sang does. Besides, he doesn't even fit the character mould that Benning wants.

Ho-Sang and Goldy skill wise are about the same, but Ho-Sang is twice the headache. That guy wouldn't last one practice here with Travis Green

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I have every bit of respect for fans who simply disagree this was the right move, but the never ending emotional drama in here is something else entirely. Does that make me a Benning bro?

I think it is funny the amount of fans that just blindly agree with all of Bennings moves, yet yesterday I didnt see one person suggest we should waive Baertchi. 

• Cheers 1

I'm not even mad at the decisions at all, i just expected that list to be a little longer.

My waive list is Schaller, Eriksson, Biega and Goldobin. Beartschi on waivers came was a surprise but i get the managements decision.

best case scenario was Schaller gets picked up, Eriksson refuses to report to Utica (we terminate his contract lol), Biega (meh, we have Rafferty and Juolevi ahead of him in a call up imo), Goldy whatevs... 

Schaller had a better showing but i think MacEwen had a better preseason and has shown chemistry with Gaudette...

a 4th line of Gaudette - Beagle - MacEwen could've been something... :( 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

its NOT like Baer is on a 1m expiring deal he has a over 3m cap hit for longer than this year. So it is a slight risk for a team, but if you want offensive depth you claim him if you have the room.

Sven Bo JT- This line has a much better balance too it with a more creative Sven on the wing vs Pearson in my opinion.

I hope he clears so we can keep him, has there been a press conference but the DimWit GM or coach to explain how Sven got beat out by Schaller or Loui. Or a reason to explain how we dont want more offensive players in the lineup, considering we have always been a team with poor depth scoring. Bumping Sven to a 3rd line role might have freed him up against another teams bottom 6 and he could have excelled with Gaud.

Mistake by us, losing my faith even more in how this team is run. Absolute garbage to think Schaller or Loui are more valuable to our team than Sven...its not even close imo!

Edited by Canuckster86
  • Wat 1

10 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

LE will be sitting in press box while Baer will be getting much needed ice time in Utica.

No point having Baer sit in box as top 2 lines are set. 

First call up for top 6 injury.

Last I checked NHL teams ice 4 forward lines, many teams ice 3 more offensively minded lines with 1 more shutdown line. No Forward left on our roster has more offensive skill to play on that 3rd line than Sven.

Its just a bad move, I won't drop it. The choices to keep the 2 bums is ridiculous

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Sorry, not going to chase your tail on that one again. We've already covered that he lost his spot to Pearson and he doesn't fill the same role as Roussel. No role, no job.

Have you actually got something new?

:blink:

1 hour ago, Vanuckles said:

Ferland - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson/Baertschi - Horvat - Miller

Pearson/Baertschi - Sutter - Gaudette

Leivo - Beagle - Virtanen

Motte/Eriksson

Role, job.

Nah he most certainly didn't...