The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Taylor Hall for......

Bertorama

I think it makes sense if he’s traded that He goes back West to Pacific, there isn’t a western team that wouldn't make a play or inquire.

Calgary is average looking out the gate and with Edmonton looking as good as they are with their talent starting to gel they must be thinking about something. Could you imagine that Battle of Alberta with Hall in a Flames sweater against the Oilers. I’d pay to watch that live just because I’m a hockey fan. 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

If Ferland doesn't fit here I'd rather have him included.  On paper at least, he should have some name appeal.  Tanner and Bo have chemistry and I don't want to mess that up.  That plus we might need to give up Markstrom (which would be totally fine if Demko proves he's ready).  

Ferland + Markstrom + maybe Juolevi or Stecher?  This year they're just awful on defense and a blue-chipper like Olli should get interest if he has a good season in Utica/ gets some time in the bigs.  If Troy feels unsatisfied with being relegated to 3rd pair duties I'd include him, we could always bump Jordie to the right side and play Olli on his left.

EDIT: crazy how with the depth we've stockpiled, I doubt it even really dents the team (besides losing the starting goalie, though hopefully we'd have the heir apparent already in place)

Wow...no on the Marky...yikes. Yeah, nope. He's just hitting his stride. Demko is not ready yet. Still need to stop the puck. We already gave them a great netminder and they screwed him up. Let's not do that again.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

How many teams can afford his next contract??? Most contenders are already saturated with cap-expense(or pricey RFA's to sign soon).

Yesterday I guessed he goes to Dallas for a Benn pkg.

If I were Dallas, brooding, grumpy & all, I'm not trading Jamie Benn for a rental.

30 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

If I were Dallas, brooding, grumpy & all, I'm not trading Jamie Benn for a rental.

Can't see NJD having interest in Benn either.  He has slowed down a fair bit.  Also if Hall leaves they will build even more around Hischier-Hughes.   Benn is 30 and still has 6 years at 9.5M. 

Edited by mll

2 hours ago, milk and honey said:

eriksson+Baer+Rights to Tryamkin+1st 2021+ 1st 2022

for

hall then Shero laughs thinking its a joke and hangs up.

also fr if Edmonton trade for Hall LOL. Imagine Neal+Nurse for Hall and a 3rd or something.

Oilers now have an actual GM. They won’t be fooled into giving away that’s much for him.

53 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

They now see that placing faith in Seguin & Benn was delusional(zilch for character). They'll prob flip the other one in a yr or two

Monster BLOCKBUSTER!

Dall: Benn, Bishop, Oleksiak & 2020 1st(price for dumping Benn's contract) about 16.5 mill AAV outgoing

NJ: Taylor Hall, Schneider, Mueller, 2021 2nd

NJ already prob realizes they were duped to take on Subban's albatross. Next yr they'll likely retain 2 or 3 mill of his ludicrous hit, & dump him for more picks.

Both these teams have to clear out some failed names, & build around younger pieces. Benn & Oleksiak at least add size to watch over the talented smurfs in the swamp.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, mll said:

Can't see NJD having interest in Benn either.  He has slowed down a fair bit.  Also if Hall leaves they will build even more around Hischier-Hughes.   Benn is 30 and still has 6 years at 9.5M. 

2 full seasons have passed since he was performing at a top level, yes.

Crap, 3?  Yeesh. Maybe Dallas does / would want out... 

Edited by Canuck Surfer

Hall is going to want big bucks, and to sign with a contender. We don’t have the cap space (with extensions needed for Pettersson & Hughes), or the contender status.

I could see the Blues making a play, especially if they determine they won't be re-signing Pietrangelo. LW is their weakest position (not much after Schwartz), and they have the type of bluechip prospects that could get the deal done (Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin).

Personally, I'd be scared of his injury history. Only played an 82-game season once in his career, just 33 games last year.

9 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If Ferland doesn't fit here I'd rather have him included.  On paper at least, he should have some name appeal.  Tanner and Bo have chemistry and I don't want to mess that up.  That plus we might need to give up Markstrom (which would be totally fine if Demko proves he's ready).  

Ferland + Markstrom + maybe Juolevi or Stecher?  This year they're just awful on defense and a blue-chipper like Olli should get interest if he has a good season in Utica/ gets some time in the bigs.  If Troy feels unsatisfied with being relegated to 3rd pair duties I'd include him, we could always bump Jordie to the right side and play Olli on his left.

EDIT: crazy how with the depth we've stockpiled, I doubt it even really dents the team (besides losing the starting goalie, though hopefully we'd have the heir apparent already in place)

I would have to look on capfriendly  but think Ferland has no trade clause in year 1 and 2..So no trading Ferland,,,We will see the real Ferland soon...