The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils Oct 19 10 AM - European game of the week edition

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

6 hours ago, Viper007 said:

I believe Hischier is their #1 center.

Hughes being sheltered like Horvat was with Canucks. He'll be a very good player but only 18 now. Needs development time. Give him cpl years.

Looks like he'll be playing with Hall in morning. Should be fun to watch the game. 

• Upvote 1

Jack Hughes only 1 point in 7 games, still early though.

Watched first 2 Devils game, he looked nervous. Gets pushed off the puck easily and its scary when he gets hit...probably still needs time to adjust.

Edited by J-23

7 hours ago, Viper007 said:

I believe Hischier is their #1 center.

He is day to day, I think with upper body 

Daily faceoff has him at #1 as well, and that site pretty accurate. 

image.png.5bb336155e9fd04a95a0977fd517865e.png

I think NJ is trying to get him going with Hall and Pal, only 1 point in 7 games.

Edited by J-23

Signing the Swiss bloke is a Shero ploy to show Hall they're all-in. But I think maybe they'll demote Hughes(where does he go? AHL?..Europe?). No point burning a yr with a skinny little teen. So they'll treat this tilt like the Stanley Finals.

Hall will rebuff all overtures & be traded west for even more futures. It's sensible for both sides, but they've gotta play this out for appearances.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Keys to a Canucks win..

1) Stellar goaltending from either Demko or Markstrom

2) Pk continues to be red hot, however the Pp will have to be better.

3) play with some ghost pepper hotness right from the get go.

4) Quinn outperforms Jack

5) playing with some physicality 

6) out score the Devils.

Its the devils. Im sure we can get by with mediocre goaltending lol 

• Upvote 2

Well Devils without Hischier is ofc good but Devils has unerachieved with their team imo. They have only reently started to win and im guessing its gonna be tough to get a win there. Its like the devils has a strategy that doesnt suit nucks and thats not good at all. Hoping for a 3-2 win here but like mentioned im worried. On the brightside i think Peteys line will get some points and im hoping the team can keep it tight in the backend. The Hughes brothers matchup isofc interesting but id say Quinn is way ahead of Jack. 

Gutsy win against the Blues, team passed a huge test. This game feels too close to call. Key question for me is will the Nucks keep their own identity? I think the second change match-ups won't be a problem for the Nucks so the game goes to the hockey gods or whichever team wants it the most with the Nucks having the edge.

Prediction 6 - 4 Nucks