The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We could ice a way better lineup than the one we run now

Rate this topic

deus.ex.makina

1 hour ago, deus.ex.makina said:

maybe you are satisfyed with the poor and broken play you see from our lasts games and our inability to complete two passes in a row. i'm not. 

i don't mind about credibility (from who ?), we are exchanging about a team we love. We may have differents opinions, which is fine. My opinion is we could do better by bringing Baertschi and Goldy in to complement Horvat ; and our 2nd PP unit. 

It's credibility you know what your talking about.. Goldy is in the AHL for a reason and until, if and when he does, then he can come up but not until then, we don't need that bad of a defensive player in the line-up who doesn't score enough to balance it out. Thinking otherwise isn't credible it's more like dreaming and wishing..

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought we played decent in New Jersey. Just missed the net a bunch and ran into a hot goalie. Special teams weren't clicking. Then today we played awesome for the first 2 periods and it was apparent the team was gassed. They played 3 games in less than 72 hours on the road from Missouri to New York. 

Not a bad road trip so far all things considering. Not sure what people expect, they are humans, they get tired, this isn't a video game.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Baertschi and Goldobin at 2ppg in AHL, it's time to bring them back and address the 2nd line issue and the 2nd pp unit as well.

Club is currently 5 wins and 3 loses....   You sure you want to tinker with the lines and chemistry right now....

36 minutes ago, hammertime said:

My fwd line up when Roussel returns.

Miller Pete Boeser

Baer Bo Pearson

Ferk Sutter Virt

Roussel Beag Leivo/Motte/Gaudette

press box Leivo/Motte/Gaudette

Minors Loui, Schaller, Goldy, 

Basically the exact lineup I was going to post as well. 

The season is young and the boys are doing pretty well, but I think this is a better spread of talent. 

I wouldn't touch the defense, I like the pairings.

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

maybe you are satisfyed with the poor and broken play you see from our lasts games and our inability to complete two passes in a row. i'm not. 

i don't mind about credibility (from who ?), we are exchanging about a team we love. We may have differents opinions, which is fine. My opinion is we could do better by bringing Baertschi and Goldy in to complement Horvat ; and our 2nd PP unit. 

poor play ?  from losing one game   ok  , credibility  that you think goldy  is a best passer on a team that he couldn't crack  ,  u think a few more assist is gonna make the team better? ,  but what about  when goldy coughs the puck up at the blueline or the neutral zone  like he always does  , creating turnovers the other way    hanging on to the puck too long , lack of defensive awareness  , too soft .   30 teams passed  on a million dollar cap hit goldy    the best passer not in the nhl lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the grinder said:

poor play ?  from losing one game   ok  , credibility  that you think goldy  is a best passer on a team that he couldn't crack  ,  u think a few more assist is gonna make the team better? ,  but what about  when goldy coughs the puck up at the blueline or the neutral zone  like he always does  , creating turnovers the other way    hanging on to the puck too long , lack of defensive awareness  , too soft .   30 teams passed  on a million dollar cap hit goldy    the best passer not in the nhl lol

Baertschi is the better playmaker and not a liability defensively. He should be sitting in the press box over Eriksson.

However let him keep getting minutes for now and getting his confidence back. Ideally he slots in when him and the team are on a hot streak.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

I'm loving our line-up right now. I say don't touch it unless someone gets hurt. It has a good balance of toughness and skill. 

I love Baer as a player but this is where I’m at as well.  Let the current group gel, work on the power play and try to improve within itself.

Eventually the season will force our hand  and a guy like Baer will get his chance.  82 games is a grind.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Baertschi is the better playmaker and not a liability defensively. He should be sitting in the press box over Eriksson.

However let him keep getting minutes for now and getting his confidence back. Ideally he slots in when him and the team are on a hot streak.

im talking goldy not baer  , baer is in Utica  because of Eriksson ,  I like baer but he isn't going to be a saviour because a team lost a game , a depth player  with skill  sure we need those when the playoffs roll around

8 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

with Baertschi and Goldobin at 2ppg in AHL, it's time to bring them back and address the 2nd line issue and the 2nd pp unit as well.

This is the forwards group i want to see :

Miller Petterson Boeser
Baertschi Horvat Goldobin
Pearson Gaudette Sutter
Ferland Beagle Virtanen

IR Roussel
Out : Leivo, Motte
Utica : Eriksson, Schaller

PP1 :

Miller

Boeser    Horvat   Petterson

Hugues

PP2 :
                 Farland
Baertschi Gaudette Goldobin 
                 Myers

/enjoy

edit missed Schaller. between two of them i rather keep Motte close to the lineup

I think this comes down to you can't please everyone. Let the professionals decide who plays and who doesnt. If I were to make any suggestions definitely send LE down and bid him fairwell and bring Sven up as an extra but I like the line up the way it is so far and by the way where's Edler on either one of your power plays? Doesn't make sense

Edited by Sbriggs

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Clearly we’re needing some skilled guys who can P.K. too. I still believe Baer and Jake could PK as well as Schaller and Motte. 

defense and goal tending win cups. Sven and Goldy are too soft and Sven can't play the gritty role with his head issues

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Winter Soldier said:

Goldy always does this, tho. Domination at the AHL level means nothing when he seems incapable of doing anything impactful at the NHL level.

strictly putting up points doesn't mean he's dominating in a way that transfers to the NHL. A combination of defense\grit and offense must be on anyones resume to be an NHLer. Of coarse there are exceptions to that rule but neither Sven or Goldy are exceptions

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, the grinder said:

so you think goldy the floater should waltz right on to the second line  ? lol   so who goes when Roussel gets back ?  motte deserves to be in the line up , good on the fore check ,hits ,  the reason both goldy and baer are in Utica and loui is  in the press box is because they aren't physical , we are changing into a more physical team,  simple as that  

amen brother

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Right so you want to bring in Sven and Goldy to help our 2nd PP unit? and sacrifice team defense and physical gritty play. I think thats what we did last season and I hope you can agree we are a much better team now then we were then. If we were to bring one of them up(Sven) and take a chance in replacement of LE maybe that may help alittle or until he scrambles his brain again, but Goldy is not the type of player we need or want to add to this line up.

54 minutes ago, the grinder said:

im talking goldy not baer  , baer is in Utica  because of Eriksson ,  I like baer but he isn't going to be a saviour because a team lost a game , a depth player  with skill  sure we need those when the playoffs roll around

Goldy ain’t coming back.

Baertschi on the other hand likely will. No one is saying he’ll be a saviour. He’s always been a good support player that plays well with Bo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

As I write this Van is playing NYR and there is a scrum in front of the NYR goalie

Persson is in tight with a lot of pushing and shoving, Persson is doing the pushing and shoving

The defensemen are trying to move him and can't

Long term, that wins games

More importantly that wins playoff games. 

Just ask Flames fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Why do so many here think Sven has to be top 6 only...What is so wrong with having some skill on the 3rd line that can contribute offensively and help out on the PP etc. This is the new era of NHL hockey where its about speed and skill throughout your ENTIRE line up