Miller-Horvat-MacEwen
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Graovac

Baertschi, Eriksson, Roussel

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Myers

Fantenberg

I like the fact that 1. Louie is not playing tonight and 2. They’ve decided to try Louie at centre. I think it is time for him to evolve into a New role.

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Some food for thought:

The bit on Markström was very visible against Dallas. And last season was astonishing bad. One of the reasons I critisized Grenn was the poor defence were Markstrom was left on his own due to the dump the puck-strategy. 

But tanking is always valuable as it seems. Benning want his 1st draft this year as the final piece of his puzzle. 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

I like the fact that 1. Louie is not playing tonight and 2. They’ve decided to try Louie at centre. I think it is time for him to evolve into a New role.

They didn’t practice that as the “fifth line” (notice the commas). He, along with Baertschi and Roussel, were skating as extras.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

REFEREES

Wes McCauley #4
WM04.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Peter MacDougall #38
PM38.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120&ssl=1
Games 18-19 75 30
Career RS Games 1032 39
First NHL Game 1/20/03 4/8/17
Birthplace Georgetown, ON Regina, SK

LINESMEN

Jonny Murray #95
JM95.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Jesse Marquis #86
JM86.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120,120
Games 18-19 73 31
Career RS Games 1211 31
First NHL Game 10/7/00 10/11/18
Birthplace Beauport, QC Bouctouche, NB

Sven Baertschi and Loui Eriksson are out.

Great news. Get these lamers out and gone. They produced nothing. 

Sven Baertschi played on a good line and did nothing. Pushed around and soft. 

Excellent shot directly at the goalie on some glorious opportunities. No finish. With these two duds on the ice it felt like watching last season.

I hope these two young guys getting the call tonight get the picture and raise some memorable hell for Green to trust. 

Edited by aqua59
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DS4quality said:

I like Loui, and I feel for the guy, but tonight I'm glad he's out of the line up. Let's let the young guys see if they can keep up in the NHL. I hope MacEwen and Graovac play more than 2 minutes each.  

On a side note  I know I'm not a fan of Green, but I'm all for an underdog story, so I'm hoping he can turn it around, but if we keep spiraling it might be time to move on, I just hope it doesn't get to this point. 

Well I don't like Loui...never had and I don't feel for him or his $6M price tag for being a bench warmer, but definitely agree with you on getting the young ones in and letting them have a go. Hope Zaccy boy goes out there and crash and bang up the Preds...same for Graovac.... and totally agree about Green.....but if the team goes 0-6 on this trip....heads will roll....reckon Babs would come here :bigblush:

18 hours ago, LateNightBus said:

Thanks for the upload, I did not know this about Babcock but I personally would not want him, someone like Trotz , Quenneville, G.Gallant, proven winners. But give Coach Green the rest of this season, most likely will not be any coach available until then, if a coaching change is needed.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-MacEwen
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Graovac

Baertschi, Eriksson, Roussel

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Myers

Fantenberg

This line-up is more physical. If Green puts Demko in net, we will win this game 4-2.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Green says Marky will start

Makes good sense.  We got to get Marky playing like he was before his father's passing.  He'll get going again.  We need him.  Or, is Demko our guy, and we should ride him?  Uggg.  What to do?