The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 11/21/2019 5pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

47 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Finally get to see some MacEwan. Yay.

I’m a big fan of this approach to bring Mac in.

Kid has JT Miller upside if it all clicks for him. Who better to help that happen than JT himself, with Bo showing him how to play centre in the NHL if he’s gonna do that going forward.

Not as sure about Pearson on line one, but the second line will be worth a look.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

well it would be nice

if ep40, brock, bo

all come out of their temporary production retirements this game

too many fans criticize the lesser players regularly

when in fact our key players are the ones

who have been letting this team down the most

i get it the team lacks depth due to injury etc

which impacts what the top tier guys can do

but the top tier guys are supposedly top tier

as they are in the best position to overcome these obstacles

but maybe we have overestimated their true abilities?

I don't know how these guys are supposed to form any sort of Chemistry when the lines are switched up as frequently as they are. Passes going no where, prob cause line mates aren't used to each other.

Now I do think theres a balance in there as not switching lines up ever is also just as bad, you want guys to have chem with non line mates because of injuries or maybe a stale night. But the amount Green does it is too much, how are these guys supposed to be able to do anything. You see the confused look on Greens face at the end of the Dallas game.. this does not inspire confidence, and Im just drinking a beer, I can imagine how the players feel..maybe they ain't lookin, that would be a good thing.

Hate to say it, because I’m a BC loyalist to the bone, but Stetch has to prove something tonight or be ready for a change of scenery.

He’s not bringing enough to his position to keep it. 

I know its cliche, but if he were 6’3 220lbs, he’d be fine because he would have an added element to his game, but the reality is that he’s getting beat in battles and beat to position because he’s usually tucked his head down underneath his check and can’t see the play developing as he’s trying to maneuver his checks. 

And how long did anyone really think the dream team down the middle would last before (a) Horvat was back to being Mr. Everything and (b) EP would be relied on to also do it all offensively, but this time with players glued to his stick? 

With Sutter out and a semi healthy Beagle, and most likely Horvat, the team is in tough most nights. When Sutter was healthy and kicking ass, it was a great opportunity to finally trade the guy, same goes for Tanev. Tick tock on his IR status... 

Its inevitable that we’ll see predicable, patten injuries to the same key positions. That’s understandable. It’s also understandable that we should look to move away from predictably injured players especially on a healthy, productive stretch, to keep building the future... unless this fools gold tricked us. 

When we were winning, nobody here really pushed for any roster change, but that was an obviously unsustainable stretch of health and anti-Canuck luck to start the year.

This scenario is either going to bite the roster in the ass or bite me in the ass for posting my doubts and hopes for trades! I’m good with whichever, but still think Benning should look at parting ways with depreciating assets as a matter of re-thingying. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

This team reminds me a bit of the 2009-09 team that it is a new team with a new core trying to find a place in the league. The 2009 team had their struggle in mid-season and it was a Burrows SHG against Carolina that lifted the team's spirit and put the team back on track. Who would be this year's Burrows and which and when would the "moment" be? We will find out!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I don't know how these guys are supposed to form any sort of Chemistry when the lines are switched up as frequently as they are. Passes going no where, prob cause line mates aren't used to each other.

Now I do think theres a balance in there as not switching lines up ever is also just as bad, you want guys to have chem with non line mates because of injuries or maybe a stale night. But the amount Green does it is too much, how are these guys supposed to be able to do anything. You see the confused look on Greens face at the end of the Dallas game.. this does not inspire confidence, and Im just drinking a beer, I can imagine how the players feel..maybe they ain't lookin, that would be a good thing.

keep making excuses for them if you wish

bo and ep40 always play together

the 3rd player on their line should be unimportant if these 2 are truly as good as we seem to think

the d combos have been kept entirely together except when their were brief injury events

the rest of the roster has been juggled mostly due to injuries

3rd and 4th lines have lost their centres so changes could not be avoided

bo's line is in continually flux due to inability to find a key 2nd player combo for him

if you have magical potion for correct line combos then let us all know

but i do not see how green can avoid changing line combos

injuries and a player having a bad night can't really be ignored

also not sure what you think chemistry is

players are pros and need to perform no matter how they are used

and no matter who they plays with

our players are not performing

chemistry is that little extra subtle factor

where when it is seen is a special thing that makes performing players play at a higher level

then their normal performance

Edited by coastal.view

14 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I wanna see:

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Miller - Gaudette - Virtanen

Roussel - Sutter - Ferland

Schaller - Beagle - Motte

At some point this season. 

Interesting. Could flip Boeser and Virtanen too. Boeser is an under-rated play-maker.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-MacEwen
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Graovac

Baertschi, Eriksson, Roussel

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Myers

Fantenberg

Wow... If this isn't the deepest team the Canucks have ever had, iono who is. 

Cup! Cup! Cup! 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

keep making excuses for them if you wish

bo and ep40 always play together

the 3rd player on their line should be unimportant if these 2 are truly as good as we seem to think

the d combos have been kept entirely together except when their were brief injury events

the rest of the roster has been juggled mostly due to injuries

3rd and 4th lines have lost their centres so changes could not be avoided

bo's line is in continually flux due to inability to find a key 2nd player combo for him

if you have magical potion for correct line combos then let us all know

but i do not see how green can avoid changing line combos

injuries and a player having a bad night can't really be ignored

You see that as an excuse? I see it as a reason, and we were seeing this prior to any injuries on the 2nd 3rd and 4th lines..

What I see...The lines are juggled 2 shifts in. Next game, a new experiment is announced, so and so on this line, and that lasts half a period. Someone shows chemistry with someone else and all of a sudden, its different the shift after. Without coaching consistency, how could one expect scoring or player consistency.

I'm not saying get rid of Green perhaps he looks like a genius in a couple games, but for now, this is what I see in my limited capacity, and maybe its the coaches that need to adjust, not the players.. Both coaches keep doing the same exact thing every game, other teams have already figured this out it seems..

Just now, VanIsleNuckFan said:

You see that as an excuse? I see it as a reason, and we were seeing this prior to any injuries on the 2nd 3rd and 4th lines..

What I see...The lines are juggled 2 shifts in. Next game, a new experiment is announced, so and so on this line, and that lasts half a period. Someone shows chemistry with someone else and all of a sudden, its different the shift after. Without coaching consistency, how could one expect scoring or player consistency.

I'm not saying get rid of Green perhaps he looks like a genius in a couple games, but for now, this is what I see in my limited capacity, and maybe its the coaches that need to adjust, not the players.. Both coaches keep doing the same exact thing every game, other teams have already figured this out it seems..

edited my previous post

please explain what you think chemistry is ?

i think you completely over rate it

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

edited my previous post

please explain what you think chemistry is ?

i think you completely over rate it

##the complex emotional or psychological interaction between two people

Good chemistry is positive interaction, feeding off of one another. This is sometimes learned over time, not always instantaneous. You see a shimmer one game, maybe its not there the next, but after 40 games or so, bam, maybe they are like twins..

I think hockey is all motivation, confidence and chemistry. Chicken and egg...stats come after.. Stats are the chicken.

EDIT - I agree though that we shouldn't blame just one thing or player over another - live as a team die as a team.

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-MacEwen
Leivo-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Graovac

Baertschi, Eriksson, Roussel

Edler-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Myers

Fantenberg

Have been wanting to see the Myers and Stecher swap. Stecher was good with Edler last year, and Myers needs a defensive guy like Benn to hopefully bring he offensive game to the right level while being protected in the D zone.

The forward lines look like a well blended smoothie.

Would still like to see Baer in the lineup to add some skill in the top 6.

Eriksson should go to Utica right now so he is not a distraction on or off the ice, and we leave Macewen up as a spare or on the 4th when Roussel steps back in.

In the end if everyone ups the work ethic 50% from Dallas we should bring this one home!

• Upvote 1

Go Canucks.....show 'em who the real Predators of the Predators are and rise to the top of the food chain.

ps. I like Jake on Bo's line a lot better than some of the other options so far this year.