The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Preds 11/21/2019 5pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

Glad to see the big fella draw in. 

Playing with Bo is good, see if that stays for more than two shifts.. 

He knows his game, go to the net and be big.

Marky needs to get his head back on straight.  Gotta be tough to be going through something like that in a position that has such a mental component to it especially half way across the world from his family.

This isn't a playoff team. I was flamed hard for saying that at the start of the year. Besides our 3 top guys, we really lack depth it seems... These last few games have been so hard to watch. I swear I'm drinking more these days.. ! 

Edited by kurtis

7 minutes ago, kurtis said:

This isn't a playoff team. I was flamed hard for saying that at the start of the year. Besides our 3 top guys, we really lack depth it seems... These last few games have been so hard to watch. I swear I'm drinking more these days.. ! 

We are currently still sitting in a wild card spot. We are out Ferland, Roussel, Motte, Sutter and recently returned Beagle, so that certainly is going to hurt the depth of the team. We are in the process of developing more depth. Some recent games sure have been hard to watch, but that doesn't change the outlook of the season which IMO is to squeak into the playoffs and we currently are still in position to do so.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Makes good sense.  We got to get Marky playing like he was before his father's passing.  He'll get going again.  We need him.  Or, is Demko our guy, and we should ride him?  Uggg.  What to do?  

Listen to the clip about us having the 6th worst defence and Markys statistic is among the top ten. 

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

The bit on Markström was very visible against Dallas. And last season was astonishing bad. One of the reasons I critisized Grenn was the poor defence were Markstrom was left on his own due to the dump the puck-strategy. 

But tanking is always valuable as it seems. Benning want his 1st draft this year as the final piece of his puzzle. 

Can you explain how dumping the puck strategy on offense leads to poor defense? Or are we just blaming everything now on the dump and chase?

Edited by theo5789
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

We are lucky too have the Johns. 

Think of the alternatives....

Imagine if we had, the Daves?

(Randolph’s)

:sick:

:sadno:

Or that greasy Gene Princepe loser in Edmonton. 

Good gawd. 

:picard:

3 cheers for John and John!!! 

Agreed , no one touches these guys especially when they get a little punchy.

We talk about chemistry on our forward lines. Well these guys are the Sedins of play by play and colour work in Canada.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough, mll. He’s looked disengaged to me, and, as you say, he’s not fitting with the style of play the Canucks are working towards. Maybe an eastern team will take him. 

Montreal would be a good fit for the club and Sven.

26 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Sweet Jebus, John Garrett is a fricken beauty lol.

Sometimes I forget how funny he is

Watching games that John and John do makes it like I'm not watching the game alone in the den

The running jokes that are always going

The way shorty just let's Garrett rant and then pauses for that awkward silence.

They both really show who they are and it's great, no one better

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

We are lucky too have the Johns. 

Think of the alternatives....

Imagine if we had, the Daves?

(Randolph’s)

:sick:

:sadno:

Or that greasy Gene Princepe loser in Edmonton. 

Good gawd. 

:picard:

3 cheers for John and John!!! 

I don't mind Dave Randorf and Louie Debrusk

They're pretty non-biased and have to jump around team to team. They were doing that Ottawa/Habs game earlier this week

They aren't J&J though.

30 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Can you explain how dumping the puck strategy on offense leads to poor defense? Or are we just blaming everything now on the dump and chase?

If you have 3 forwards digging in the corners the breakaway with 2 or 3 of their forwards get lethal. Pardon my french... 

48 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Sweet Jebus, John Garrett is a fricken beauty lol.

Sometimes I forget how funny he is

Without a doubt the greatest commentator in the history of sports. Guess I should also add IMO to that statement lol 

Only reason I ever switch to the Roger's :sick: feed 

Great... I said the R word, now I'm gonna be sitting on the toilet at the airport for the next hour :D

• Haha 1