The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Nikolay Goldobin, assign Sven Baertschi to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, StealthNuck said:

Goldy will likely start on the first line. After a half a game Green will put him on the third line. Next game he'll start on the fourth line and won't play in the third. Then we'll all go bah hum and he'll get sent down.

Yeah I have not liked the way Green has deployed some of these guys. Very much a sink or swim type of 

deal. That being said they are playing in the big show and need to have an impact right away. I just 

hope Greener gives him the time to adapt to the line he is on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If Sutter, Ferland and Beagle are all good to go, this could be the lineup:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Goldobin

Ferland - Sutter - Gaudette

Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Leivo

Like lines but Motte and Roussel will be back soon enough so some big changes coming..

I can see  Erickson, Schaller  being sent down in next week along with MacEwen, Beartchi..

Edited by wildcam

We can all hope that Goldy clicks this time but I just don't see his future as a top 6 on CUP contender. Do you put him with EP40 and BB? Those two have wicked shots and Goldy could be the setup man. If that happened it would be a pretty light duty line. Actually Petey is the most physical of them all. Scary. I just don't see Goldy as a long term solution. 

Bottom line is that Goldy has to clear waivers so he gets what 30 days or 10 games? If he stayed that long it should tell the tale.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When everyone is healthy, maybe something like (if Goldobin does well):

Roussel - Beagle - Virtanen

Motte, Schaller

Leivo and Eriksson out.

Bo needs a play making winger, and Goldy has proven he’s that.  Goldy needs to be allowed to play some east - west to be most effective.  Hoping Green gives Goldy that freedom.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Baerschi's game has been very disappointing.

Showed absolutely nothing knowing he could be sent down and most likely wont be called up again this season. His game has fallen off a cliff!

Excited to see what Goldy can do. Been hearing his defensive game has improved alot which has translated to point production on offense.

Audi must be breathing a sigh of relief, they can start rolling out the Goldy commercials again :lol::emot-parrot:

I’m curious to see how Goldy does. He has so much talent. I’m hoping his AHL stint will have wisened him up to what he needs to focus on, and he can stick with the team. Really rooting for the kid

Edited by arsenalian
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What I find hilarious is people praise AV. Yet Green plays a similar style. 

AV just had more talent to work with, so maybe he seems better? I like both of them, both have their quirks and favourites but both are fine. I really only hated WDs style since the Keenan era. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Baer. said:

Goldy is too good for the AHL

So is Reid Boucher. Leads the league in goals with less games played than the other top guys (13 goals in 14 games). 

Doesn't necessarily mean it transfers over unfortunately. The speed, lack of space and cerebral aspects at the top level are magnified. A lot of top AHL producers can't adapt.  

Edited by RRypien37
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

When everyone is healthy, maybe something like (if Goldobin does well):

Roussel - Beagle - Virtanen

Motte, Schaller

Leivo and Eriksson out.

Very much like that line up. If Goldy doesn't step up, one of Ferland/Gaudette/Leivo/Virtanen can replace him. 

• Upvote 1