The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Nov. 27, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Wow!  What a disaster.  Another first period with a non-existent offense.  Maybe the team should just show up from the second period on (sic).  Yes, Demko let in 7 goals but he was not the cause of the loss.  On a hot night he might have stopped a couple of those but he was left out to dry with Edler and crew trying to play goal.  As Don Cherry always said, get the heck out of the way and let your goalie see the shot.  No physicality around the front of our net.  Aren't guys like Edler and Myers suppose to be knocking guys on their butts?  And the coaching--I will let others make comments about that exhibition.

4 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

so most of you want Green to be fired... and then i bet if you get your wishes, 6 months in to a new coach you will be asking for that coach to be fired after every loss..

seriously embarrassing to read some of the reactions on here... not coming on here after a loss again.. expecting maybe some logical conversation of what's going on with our team but its just a bunch of crying..  

There’s a few of us sane fans here.. firing green would be an awful move right now and I’m glad our management group doesn’t react the way our fan base does 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

EP and brock need a miller with them; bo needs a miller with him.

I agree Joe.

Miller seems to be the glue of whatever line he is on. He is always fishing pucks out of the corners, and fore checking hard.

I'm not sure what the actual numbers are, but out puck possession must be high when he is on the ice.

I thought they already started cloning organisms?!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

IMO, Quinn is the best of this rookie class.  No disrespect to Makar, but honestly, if Quinn was on the Avs playing with Mac all game long, he would be the scoring leader among all rookies right now.  I would argue that Quinn drives the play on this team more than any other player (Petey included).  Makar does it sometimes, but reality is that Mac drives the play on that team.

I really hope Quinn keeps it up and wins the Calder this year.  He deserves it more than Makar IMO.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

IMO, Quinn is the best of this rookie class.  No disrespect to Makar, but honestly, if Quinn was on the Avs playing with Mac all game long, he would be the scoring leader among all rookies right now.  I would argue that Quinn drives the play on this team more than any other player (Petey included).  Makar does it sometimes, but reality is that Mac drives the play on that team.

I really hope Quinn keeps it up and wins the Calder this year.  He deserves it more than Makar IMO.

Quinn is great but, I disagree with your take on Makar you're not giving him nearly enough the credit he deserves for his play. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, StiffStick33 said:

Getting a little concerned with boesers game as of late. Seen him make some really bad passes on the breakout, turning pucks over, and just a step behind everyone else.

he is doing fine, sitting third on the  list in points on the team. lately it seems all the players have been making bad passes, even Petey and Miller and especially Bo. but they are all learning to play together this season . it will happen!

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That was nice of him. 

By the way, why didn't Marky start yesterday? I just realized Demko started against Flyers and then again versus the Pens. Is it just Green rewarding a solid performance from the previous game or are they testing out Demko to see if he's ready to take over as #1? 

Everyone is so focused on the outcome of the game and the terrible 3rd. In reality the biggest problem with the team wasn't blowing a 3 goal lead, it was not even registering a shot on goal in the first 12 minutes. This after such a strong Washington game, then an embarrassing Philly game. The team should have come out of the gates swinging, setting themselves up for a 4/6 roadtrip!

The Canucks played about 30 minutes out of 60. Thats brutal, IMHO the collapse in the 3rd is on the players.... but the lackluster start is on Green

12 minutes ago, khay said:

That was nice of him. 

By the way, why didn't Marky start yesterday? I just realized Demko started against Flyers and then again versus the Pens. Is it just Green rewarding a solid performance from the previous game or are they testing out Demko to see if he's ready to take over as #1? 

Markstrom wasn't feeling well.

• Thanks 1

That was a tough collapse to watch, but they'll learn. Tough times are where players grow together as a team as long as it's not excessively prolonged, ala Edmonton. It's been a bit of a slide lately, but I think they're nearly through it. Beagle/Sutter/Rous back will be a significant boost, and Ferland hopefully will be too.

Positives? Two goals from Gaud, in different styles. Man, he's really coming into his own, playing with a lot of confidence. Miller continuing his dominance as well, man was he ever a great addition. Quinn, another 3-assist game. What a talented kid, drives so much from the back end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Everyone is so focused on the outcome of the game and the terrible 3rd. In reality the biggest problem with the team wasn't blowing a 3 goal lead, it was not even registering a shot on goal in the first 12 minutes. This after such a strong Washington game, then an embarrassing Philly game. The team should have come out of the gates swinging, setting themselves up for a 4/6 roadtrip!

The Canucks played about 30 minutes out of 60. Thats brutal, IMHO the collapse in the 3rd is on the players.... but the lackluster start is on Green

fair dinkum, but that is where they are as a team right now. they are lacking some skills right now. mainly giving and receiving passes, and controlling them. they turn the puck over way too much. but that is where they are right now.  you can bet that green and JB see everything we see. 

1 hour ago, GritGrinder said:

US Thanksgiving and that means that 76% of the teams currently in the playoffs will more than likely still be there at the end of the season. The West is really tightening up and the Canucks could very easily wake up Monday morning and find themselves tied with the Wild for 14th in the West slightly ahead of the Kings. The 2 games against the Oilers this weekend are important, they don't want to all of a sudden be chasing 5-6 teams for a wildcard.

Capture.JPG

Ya and expect Calgary to be better next bit with a new coach. Assuming they fire  the racist. 

Edit

Same with Nashville 

Edmonton and Phoenix should start slow down though.

Edited by milk and honey

Upon reflection there's some good stuff - Canucks scored 6 goals while only giving a proper effort for 25 mins.

Jake and Petey could and should actually be a dynamic duo in the future, they had a brief "Naslund Bertuzzi" vibe out there.

Can't say enough good about Hughes. We got lucky

And that ends today's installment of good stuff

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, StiffStick33 said:

Getting a little concerned with boesers game as of late. Seen him make some really bad passes on the breakout, turning pucks over, and just a step behind everyone else.

Geez I must be watching a different Boeser. I see a guy who fore checks hard, and is putting up points. I see a guy who is actually skating better then he did all of last year.

• Upvote 1