The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at San Jose Sharks | Dec. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, fanfor42 said:

SJ had lost 6 in a row going into this game.  Critical weekend for the Canucks.  and Green decides to screw up the lines to 0pen the game.  We were lost for half the game because of it.  Why? That is terrible coaching.

But, but, but, Greens a good coach, I have nothing to back it up, you just have to believe me, he’s a good coach.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And another poor decision costs us.

Marky shouldn’t have been pulled till we had sustained pressure. Hockey 101...

Tired of this team waiting till the ends of games to play hard.

Coaching is costing this team the chance to make the playoffs this year. Period.

• Upvote 2

Team really can't afford to just play win 1 and loss 1. They need to string together 3-5 wins in a row and keep the foot the on the gas pedal. Tonight's game is frustrating for many reasons. Score was 4-2, but it really should of been 2-2 heading into OT if not for the 2 empty net goals. 

Petey played a bad game. He either waits too long for a shot until the scoring chance vanishes or he stick handles to much and leads to turnovers. He is young, he will learn. Regards to coaching: Green seems to have the team play the same way the did a few seasons ago which when they team didn't have much talented players and relied a lot on dump and chase and grind it out hockey. Right now, this team have more skilled players, I think it would be better if this team play with better structure, a better transition game than just simply a dump in and grind game.

Edited by ruilin96
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I was defending green in the gdt but I will say that he pulls the goalie way too early. Its happened a few times this year.

I’m not one for the fire the coach bandwagon after a loss. But if this team continues the win one lose one trend coaching options at least need to be explored.

Green has the personnel now, he can’t just win games when his roster is 100% healthy. If his strategies aren’t working he needs to go back to the drawing board.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

The team brought this loss on themselves by playing lifeless hockey for 30 minutes.

60 minute hockey and Canucks never mix.  Period.

No. Their poor start was coaching. Lines were mixed up needlessly. Boeser was demoted after creating the game winning goal the last game. Green is a huge problem.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

Even if that was true (Which to my eye test it wasn’t) YOU NEED TO PLAY 60

Well San Jose is a desperate team. They are going to push hard and get their chances. No way nucks would be able to dominate the entire 60 against a team as desperate (and really skilled) as the Sharks.