The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Conservative Party of Canada Holds Annual Convention

DonLever

Conservative results delayed because of envelope opening problem.

Pretty bad omen for the Conservatives.   How can they run the country if they can't even count their own votes properly.

OTTAWA -- The naming of the next leader of the Conservative Party of Canada has been delayed by at least an hour and a half, with the party saying that the envelope-opening machines being used are "slicing through" some of the ballots.

The additional scrutiny required on what turned out to be a record number of mail-in ballots, coupled with the COVID-19 restrictions are being cited as the cause of the hold-up.

Tallying of the 174,849 ballots submitted by mail by party members began in the early morning hours, with the first round of results was set to be revealed during an event slated to start at 6:00 p.m. ET, however, the event is now expected to start around 7:30 p.m. ET.

Edited by DonLever
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DonLever said:

Conservative results delayed because of envelope opening problem.

Pretty bad omen for the Conservatives.   How can they run the country if they can't even count their own votes properly.

OTTAWA -- The naming of the next leader of the Conservative Party of Canada has been delayed by at least an hour and a half, with the party saying that the envelope-opening machines being used are "slicing through" some of the ballots.

The additional scrutiny required on what turned out to be a record number of mail-in ballots, coupled with the COVID-19 restrictions are being cited as the cause of the hold-up.

Tallying of the 174,849 ballots submitted by mail by party members began in the early morning hours, with the first round of results was set to be revealed during an event slated to start at 6:00 p.m. ET, however, the event is now expected to start around 7:30 p.m. ET.

thats what happens when you under fund science and tech -_-

• Haha 1

As a person that votes conservative.... Erin ISN'T a woman?  

A balding fat white guy as the next leader.... I guess JT will have the next election handed to him.  

I'm not a fan of Peter McKay.... but if anyone has a chance against Trudeau, it would have been him. 

22 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

A balding fat white guy as the next leader.... I guess JT will have the next election handed to him.  

I'm not a fan of Peter McKay.... but if anyone has a chance against Trudeau, it would have been him. 

Otoole is a social conservative.  He was the man in charge of the veterans affairs cabinet when they started screwing with veterans pensions, payments, cancelling treatments and rehab programs and closed 11 offices.

He's been loudly supportive of trump.  Made numerous statements that would make the moderates in the party cringe.

Risky move...but I can't see it really paying off unless otoole can pretend to be very cool about a lot of stuff very fast

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Otoole is a social conservative.  He was the man in charge of the veterans affairs cabinet when they started screwing with veterans pensions, payments, cancelling treatments and rehab programs and closed 11 offices.

He's been loudly supportive of trump.  Made numerous statements that would make the moderates in the party cringe.

Risky move...but I can't see it really paying off unless otoole can pretend to be very cool about a lot of stuff very fast

Because when you think of being hip and "very cool"... this is the face that pops up...

image.jpeg.73d6bc272097ec1a9ba111dc2aa9365d.jpeg

lol :lol:

Edit: I guess the only way it could is if there's a release of lots of photos from his younger days smoking pot, playing in a band, and drag racing or something.  

Edited by Lancaster
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Wow, and I really thought Canadians were actually smart too. They voted for this guy to lead the Conservatives?

Conservatives really had a chance to innovate but clearly we as people refuse to change.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wow, and I really thought Canadians were actually smart too. They voted for this guy to lead the Conservatives?

Conservatives really had a chance to innovate but clearly we as people refuse to change.

Look him up as an mp what happened under his cabinet watch.  Then his comments about Trump, covid and his social policies.

This party made a sizeable mistake

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I was not a fan of neither. It’s really disappointing that cons can’t figure out why they keep losing and what they need to do to change. Ugh. Forsberg might need to step into the ring. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I was not a fan of neither. It’s really disappointing that cons can’t figure out why they keep losing and what they need to do to change. Ugh. Forsberg might need to step into the ring. 

I'd vote for you if you're actually a conservative and not one of those reformers masquerading under the brand.

I was ready to jump in for Lewis or hold my nose for MacKay but this guy's a disaster waiting to happen.

Far to much negative history and sound bites.

Edited by Warhippy

wow waking up to this makes me feel so much better about the Canucks performance last night.

You know who cares about social conservative issues? social conservatives. Everyone else either has more important issues at best or is repulsed by them (which is a lot of voters).

Most people don't know who this guy is, and Liberals have an opportunity to frame public opinion about Toolie. If they can do that successfully this things already over. I expect to see a lot of Toolie's old comments and framing of him as just another social con in the vein of Harper and Scheer. 

The CPC has become a social con pez dispenser. They have taken over the leadership process and until more moderate conservatives get involved this is what they are going to keep achieving. Shows you the real power of getting involved in your chosen party early. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'd vote for you if you're actually a conservative and not one of those reformers masquerading under the brand.

I was ready to jump in for Lewis or hold my nose for MacKay but this guy's a disaster waiting to happen.

Far to much negative history and sound bites.

really? I'm honestly surprised that you'd be OK with a pro life candidate or someone who doesn't mind conversion therapy.