Pearson Horvat Eriksson 

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Sutter 

Edler Dumba 

Hughes Tanev

Fantenberg Myers 

Markstrom 

Demko 

Finally a very fair trade proposal, if Boeser is replaced by a 7th rounder. 

We give up Bess, and because he’s way better than the Dumbo and Sucker, we lose that trade. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

My proposal: 

Boeser, Stetcher, Schaller 

for 

Zucker, Dumba 

Zucker Pettersson Miller

Pearson Horvat Eriksson 

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen 

Motte Beagle Sutter 

Edler Dumba 

Hughes Tanev

Fantenberg Myers 

Markstrom 

Demko 

Boeser is better than Zucker and is only going to get better. He'd be the instantly most popular player in Minni.  

I'd rather let the team play out the season and we can sign Barrie in the off season who's going to produce at least as well as Dumba. 

Brock's a keeper, he's not just a good player but a great person that fits the new core so well. In two seasons those guys are going to go through brick walls for each other. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

would a virtanen + madden or gaud + stecher + 2nd draft pick for dumba work?

would hate to trade jake since it looks like he's starting to hit his stride but will he be more then just a 3rd liner for the nucks? he's young enough to be a valuable 2nd liner and still has up tapped potential and should fit in nicely with the wild rebuild. madden or gaud and stecher are also young enough to build with the wilds young core. as for dumba, yes he's having a down season but i still feel he's a poorer version of seth jones but he's 25 and still will get better as he gets older and him and hughes will be the 2 pillars for years to come.  not sure if that works for cap but that's up to management to make it all work out

this years d

hughes tanev

edler myers

dumba  benn or fantenberg

next few years d

hughes  tanev

dumba myers

edler trym or rafferty or another d

I'd do Juolevi and Baertschi for Brodin and Foligno/Fiala. Really boost our quality depth in a heart beat. Foligno is probably just a rental but if we're top-2 in the division it might be worth a bit of a push. Sure, at the expense of Juolevi but we get Brodin back who is absolutely solid on the blueline and will be for years to come.

39 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd do Juolevi and Baertschi for Brodin and Foligno/Fiala. Really boost our quality depth in a heart beat. Foligno is probably just a rental but if we're top-2 in the division it might be worth a bit of a push. Sure, at the expense of Juolevi but we get Brodin back who is absolutely solid on the blueline and will be for years to come.

Foligno has 1 more year on his deal, I think we keep the cheaper younger OJ unless we get a trade offer for a similar RHD. I have always liked Fiala, but with all the F we have I just don't see us making a move unless we are unloading a couple F we are just jammed on the wings

On 1/17/2020 at 8:32 AM, Provost said:

As per TSN, the Wild are definitely in the sell mode.  Dumba is specifically on the block, and we have been long linked to Zucker who is available again.

Both players could fit our needs and the idea of not being pure rentals as they are both signed for beyond this year.  Benning was looking for upgrade on D and a top six winger.

Dumba seems like a great add as he pops basically replace Tanev beyond this season as a younger, faster, and more gritty player.

What possible  pieces do we have to make a deal for one or both.

I would say that any of our prospects aside from Hoglander and Podkolzin could be on the list going the other way.  From our roster, Sutter, Demko, and either Stecher or Tanev.

We would probably need to send out Baertschi to make some money even out.

A deal for Dumba could look like:

Madden

Sutter

Demko

Baertschi

a pick 

for

Dumba

Stalock

and whatever contracts to even it out  

We trade Stecher in a separate deal

Toronto could probably beat that deal if they want him by offering up a serious forward.

From where i sit this is first off not going to get Minny to pick up the phone.If you are dealing a top 4 D man at the TDL  you are looking for prospect and picks. Baertschi, Sutter are cap dumps in our favor. I am sure they have no interest in helping us out in that way as they already have some high priced veterans that do not provide what their cap says they should. Madden and Demko might get their interest but they are not taking our trash along with it.

14 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Boeser is better than Zucker and is only going to get better. He'd be the instantly most popular player in Minni.  

I'd rather let the team play out the season and we can sign Barrie in the off season who's going to produce at least as well as Dumba. 

Brock's a keeper, he's not just a good player but a great person that fits the new core so well. In two seasons those guys are going to go through brick walls for each other

Totally agree here, remember Petey was going to drive over to Minny and pick up Boes when the contract was being negotiated. They are friends and like playing together.  That cannot be overlooked.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BPA said:

MIN is saddled with bad contracts in Parise, Zuccarello, and Suter.  One more can't hurt if they are in full rebuild mode.

LE + Demko + Baertschi + 2nd

for

Dumba + Stalock

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2019/12/12/21010452/minnesota-wild-matt-dumba-whats-wrong-defenseman

Buyer beware when it comes to Dumba.  Name appeal aside, he missed 50 games last season due to a ruptured muscle and apparently he hasn't been the same player since coming back.  Of course if his problems are something that can be remedied with time then yeah I would be open to moving Demko who might be the most valuable asset in this deal at this point in time (plus it's appealing to potentially shed Sven and Loui, even if it costs us the better goalie and an extra pick to net a potential project D-man).  Just hope J.B. does his research before pulling the trigger since he has the same term and cap hit as Loui and he could mess up our cap situation if he has more long-term injury problems (e.g. goes on LTIR). 

If the Wild expect a return appropriate for a 50 point Dumba, they are dreaming. He hasn't shown well this season at all, so any acquiring GM needs to assume risk he won't fully recover from his operation. That's some risk - considering the 6m salary especially. While he is a great player historically, this question mark ought to bring his price to reasonable levels.

Blockbuster, IF Dumba is expected by our doctors to heal up:

Dumba, Foligno, Dubnyk

For

Eriksson, Demko, Beagle, Stecher, Baer, Lind, a middling prospect, 3rd and 4th round pick.

Why we do this: Obvious cap dumping. Dubnyk might have a resurgence and if not he is only due one more season. Either way, should be a capable backup. We no longer have goalie issues with the ED.

Foligno is a guy who would fit right into this lineup with the way he plays, and improves our shutdown and penalty killing ability, and adds even more size and tenacity.

Say Dumba gets back to form: He gives us about 4-5 times the production we can expect from Stecher. We get a lot tougher on the backend too.

Why Wild do this: They take on dead cap while paying Loui next to nothing if he chooses to continue his contract. 

First and foremost, they get their goalie of the future (I don't believe they have good prospects). 

Plus they get a couple prospects and a couple picks to start their rebuild.

Edited by kloubek

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

@kloubek J.B. for GM of the year if he could pull that one off (might need a 4th line center but still)

Miller - Pete - Jake/ Brock

Pearson - Bo - Leivo

Roussel - Gaud - Brock/ Jake

Foligno - Sutter/ Mac - Motte

Edler - Dumba

Hughes - Tanev

Benn/ Oscar- Myers

Marky

Dubnyk

Lol "Oscar Myers".

Seriously though... That looks like a mean lineup overall. The two lightest guys in that lineup play far bigger than their size suggests too.

We could be adding Tryamkin to that mix as well, and I do believe Ferland will be in there somehow.

I think that basically makes us the biggest team in the league. It has to. I pity the team(s) that would play against us in the post-season. Even as the team sits as it is...

Any deal involving dumba will have to have the following as part of the return.

A 1st rounder and top high end prospect.

a legit replacement on an expiring contract to replace dumba's minutes.

And more, the salary difference incoming with dumba is 3.675mill.

So again, more cost to add a cap dump to minnesota.

Baertschi 3.66 + 3rd rounder or lind/madden.

Just for ghits and siggles

Canucks 2021 1st rounder 

Podkolzin

Stecher

Baertschi 

3rd or lind/madden

For dumba

Hard pass

Just go after Pietrangelo or Barrie in UFA and save the assets.

Stlouiis cant re-sign Piet.

Torontah can't afford barrie.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Screenshot_20200106-185847_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200106-185857_Samsung Internet.jpg

:lol:

First of all, Pietrangelo is NOT signing for $7M, not even close. If he were, St. Louis would have already signed him - instead they acquired Faulk, and extended him for $6.5M. AP is probably going to get $10M per. Not to mention you haven’t calculated anything for rookie bonuses.

Secondly, next year is not even the problem. If Benning commits more long-term dollars for next season, what does he do in 2021-22, when he needs to re-sign Pettersson and Hughes? EP will likely cost $10M as well.