The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Feb 10 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Poor Elias.

they're shopping Watson to us.

Scratch, scratch, scratch.....showcase!!  -7 in his last 4 games....-10 in his last 6 (meaningless for a shutdown winger, but it is what it is).

perhaps Hynes doesn't think a lot of him?

we're preserving Schaller for them lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bang Bang Boogie said:

My concerns exactly. We're not exactly in the "stretch" run just yet and that's when we'll need Marky the most.  I'd rather see Demko get in a few more games than he currently has been seeing.

Green thinks that Marky gives him a better chance to win, imo.

I think that overplaying Marky will hurt Canucks in a long run

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Or,

Not sure how the ceremony goes, but if they come out in their jerseys and take them off, or maybe they are in suits and the jerseys are already ready to hang up. Either way,  just as the announcer is set to start the rising of the jersey ceremony, Henrik and Daniel take back the jerseys, and pull them over their heads. Raise their arms and announce their retirement is being put on hold!  Head to Utica for a couple weeks before the end of the season for conditioning, then return a few games before the playoffs.

The Sedins are still probably better today, than half our forwards at least. They are slower and older, but not having played the grind of the season, it may balance out. And what a phsyc boost it would be to the rest of the team! 

Obviously not going to happen, but what a story that would be!

This would be awesome

20 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Canucks needed this slide. They were too comfortable and lost some of their work ethic along the way.

Canucks at 100% = a top team in the NHL 

Canucks at 90% = below average team in NHL

Let us hope they have woken up!

it's a learning experience for them, for sure.  The points might e worth the same as they are in Oct, but from February on, they're much harder to get.  learning how to play in these kinds of games is something all teams have to learn how to do and most learn it the hard way.  

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Nick is great, he is never afraid to play rookies, underrated players, he is never afraid to make decisions. 

I just really like his interviews.

He has a confidence that is not arrogant. He is asked the same dumb questions that drive Canuck fans crazy and yet he answers them with honest evaluation.

"we tried X and it worked for a while, then it went flat, and we tried Y"

He called out Terance Davis, (rookie) then starts him the next day. Davis has a career game.

That is not just self confidence it is confidence in his team, and the team responds 

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

My only quibble... who do you put against the Preds top line?  

Forsberg is going to eat Bailey and Gaudette alive, defensively. 

I'm not sure they have a top line - it would seem to be a 1b, 1b or 2a, 2a setup depending on how you look at it.

Duchene Johansen Granlund

Forsberg Turris Arvidsson

Forsberg leads their forwards - would be 7th on this team in scoring....

The Canucks are at home - so they can dictate some of the matchups. 

But you can't really 'hide' any of these rookies regardless - which is why I'd have Gaudette on the wing - with a couple veterans and likewise with Bailey (and MacEwen).

In taking LE off the Horvat line and having Sutter center another line, I'm looking to spread that 'matchup' around - I don't think any of the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lines are particularly exposed with pairs of veterans.

But I suspect Green will keep LE with Horvat, and probably keep Gaudette at center - perhaps 'load up' a couple matchup lines....my concern is that the 3rd line becomes a relative weakness.  If Gaudette gets eaten alive as a winger....it's only compounded having him center a line.

Edited by oldnews

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

I just really like his interviews.

He has a confidence that is not arrogant. He is asked the same dumb questions that drive Canuck fans crazy and yet he answers them with honest evaluation.

"we tried X and it worked for a while, then it went flat, and we tried Y"

He called out Terance Davis, (rookie) then starts him the next day. Davis has a career game.

That is not just self confidence it is confidence in his team, and the team responds 

are you actually comparing nba coaching to nhl coaching ?

1 hour ago, mll said:

Watson is expected to draw back in for Nashville after being healthy scratched 3 games - he's going to have to bring physicality if he wants to stay in the lineup.  Leads their team in hits and is not afraid to fight.  

Gets a lot of sparring practice at home too.  Unfair advantage.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

My only quibble... who do you put against the Preds top line?  

Forsberg is going to eat Bailey and Gaudette alive, defensively. 

Their best and most consistent line this season has been the Bonino line - their 3rd line.  Nashville can't seem to battle through adversity - Hynes talks of mental fortitude. They've won some games but still look
off - improving though.

The only player that is a real threat is Josi and he plays over 27 minutes per game under Hynes. He's 1 ppg and leads their team in scoring with 16 points more than the next player. 

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Forsberg is terrible this season and is in no way, shape or form scary for our defense. 

sincerely, 

a fantasy team owner who was dumb enough to trade for him. 

18 goals in 48games is terrible?  He will be ++20goals for the season.

He's been a great pickup for the Preds.  343pts in 443 games (Miller has 291 pts in 491 games)

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I'm seriously shook right now.

All this time, I thought AHL call-ups were supposed to sit in the press box and entertain Benning.

Maybe Jim had a talk with Green. If I saw two of the best young players I'd drafted get injured without a single response, I'd be pretty pissed.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 3