The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Connor McDavid out 2-3 weeks

Rate this topic

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/oilers-general-manager-ken-holland-says-connor-mcdavid-to-miss-2-3-weeks-with-quad-injury

Edmonton Oilers General Manager Ken Holland says Connor McDavid will be out 2-3 weeks with a quad injury.

McDavid had an MRI yesterday which revealed the extent of the injury. He will return to Toronto in order to rehab the leg.

McDavid went into the end boards last game after incidental contacts with the skates of an opposing player. 97 played the rest of the game but it was apparent he was in some discomfort. But the G.M. says playing while injured last game was never putting him in jeopardy.

Holland expects McDavid will then be back with the club next Monday. That doesn’t necessarily mean he will be ready to play by then. In fact, given the timeline Holland has laid out, that seems unlikely.

Holland says this is totally unrelated to the left leg injury from last Spring.

No surgery required.

55 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

When did this happen?

Saturday against Nashville.  He was icing his knee between periods and after the game -  Tippett initially talked of a bruise above his knee.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

Draisaitl is gonna carry. That guy is a beast this season. 

I could see this. Like how Malkin seems to find another level when Crosby is out. I'd argue that Draisaitl has been more impressive this year than McDavid (from the little I've seen them play).

• Like 1