The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Zach Bogosian

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's not a 7/8 dman, he's a 5/6

I think that’s a point that’s been lost in all the talk about Bogosian. He has skill and mobility to go with his size. The situation in Buffalo was ugly and now he’s free of it. How he plays once signed will be telling.

I think he’ll want to make as good an impression as possible as he could definitely increase his value with a strong showing for whatever team signs him. Definitely hoping Benning is in on him. 

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's not a 7/8 dman, he's a 5/6

No he's not.

Sabres offered to take 50% of his cap hit if someone wanted him. Not 1 team took him for free at 2.55 mill. Then they waived him.

If he was a good 5/6 multiple teams would have took him at that price. 

9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

No he's not.

Sabres offered to take 50% of his cap hit if someone wanted him. Not 1 team took him for free at 2.55 mill. Then they waived him.

If he was a good 5/6 multiple teams would have took him at that price. 

Why when there's cheaper 5/6 options out there.  The teams who would be interested, can't afford 2.55 ,they are squeezing everywhere to afford additions.  At 750k to 1 million, there will be takers.

If the choice is Barrie or Bogosian ..

I go Bogosian,   Physicality on or D is virtually non existent for a playoff run.. plus a heavy shot and decent skills.

Barries skill set exists on our D already.

We’re taliking playoffs here..

both of these players are and will be free agents in the Summer.

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Why when there's cheaper 5/6 options out there.  The teams who would be interested, can't afford 2.55 ,they are squeezing everywhere to afford additions.  At 750k to 1 million, there will be takers.

What 5/6 can you get at 750.

2.5 mill for free at TDL? A lot of teams would take a solid 225 lbs 6'3 Dman at that price if he could play 5/6. 

He's a depth guy. That's all. 

Edit

Having said that I'd like JB to make an effort if Bogo could be had for 1 mill. You never know. He's got a lot to prove after what he went thru lately . Could click woth Fanta on our 3rd pair. Could get hot at the right time.  

Edited by WHL rocks

51 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

What 5/6 can you get at 750.

2.5 mill for free at TDL? A lot of teams would take a solid 225 lbs 6'3 Dman at that price if he could play 5/6. 

He's a depth guy. That's all. 

My point was, if you look around the NHL, most teams are paying their 5/6 guys significantly less than 2.55 million. If Bogosian is down at 750k to 1 million, there will be a lot of interest. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

My point was, if you look around the NHL, most teams are paying their 5/6 guys significantly less than 2.55 million. If Bogosian is down at 750k to 1 million, there will be a lot of interest. 

Oh ya I agree. 

I added this to my post above..

I'd like JB to make an effort if Bogo could be had for 1 mill. You never know. He's got a lot to prove after what he went thru lately . Could click woth Fanta on our 3rd pair. Could get hot at the right time.  

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Oh ya I agree. 

I added this to my post above..

I'd like JB to make an effort if Bogo could be had for 1 mill. You never know. He's got a lot to prove after what he went thru lately . Could click woth Fanta on our 3rd pair. Could get hot at the right time.  

@WHL rocks Bogosian hasn't been hot since his days in Atlanta !

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Lol. Bogs ain't signing with the Leafs. That ship has beem taking on water for awhile. It's sinking baby. 

exactly. I'd be surprised if he lands there. 

Surprised that reports out there say that the Canucks haven't contacted Bogosian yet 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1