The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lukas Jasek has made Madden expendable 

I was thinking Costmar.. about the same build.. lighting it up in his league ... actually Madden looks to be a great pick... I do have doubts about a 155lb Center seeing half of our centers are pretty light already.. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, shiznak said:

What Canucks fans expect to happen:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Toffoli

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

MacEwan - Beagle - Sutter

Eriksson

What really is going to happen:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pesrson - Horvat - Eriksson

Roussel - Gaudette - Toffoli

Virtanen - Beagle - Sutter

MacEwan

If/When an injury player comes back. Gaudette will probably be sitting out.

Why would he sit out, he has been playing good hockey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They just moved him into the middle in the last cpl months and he's quickly becoming a force on that team.  Decent size, great hands, high iq........my guess is Jasek was a determining factor in this deal.

What kind of roles is he playing in Utica?

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

26 points in the AHL makes a college player expendable? 

Focht I'd understand he has 46 points in 50 games. But he's also an overager isn't he? 

He's been playing very very well since they moved him into the middle.  Madden, if he even makes it, is probably 3 years away.

• Cheers 1

I bet Canucks will keep this years first unless they go really far and then stagger the picks they have given up. Give up this year's second and next years first.Thats what I would do anyway, they will likely have. stronger team next year anyway, Petey, Brock, bo, Hughes all 1 year better. I think they will push hard to keep toffoli. I doubt he gets more than a 1 mill raise. 

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

For sure super valuable for the kids to experience NHL playoff hockey.

Just reallly wondering what we gave up in Madden though.....  19 goals in 27 games this year seems pretty good.....

The way I see it now as I have digested the trade. Madden doesn’t beat out ep bo or gaudette for a c spot going forward. Also he is still very slight. I think management is also very high on McDonough and of course the brock injury is a factor . We shall see how it plays out .

• Cheers 1

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

over payment.  Really is.   Over payment.  this is a rental, and Toffoli will not sign here, since he will be looking at more money then what he makes now, and we can't afford to a sign a player like that, since we need to free up cap room to sign Hughes and Pettersson in about a little over 1 year from now.  

If he's going to ask for a king's ransom on his next contract, he's not in a very good bargaining position. He hasn't been lights out the past few years.

I’ve been on the let’s wait another year train before we trade assets. However I’m happy that the player we acquired is Toffoli. Hopefully he gets resigned. 

One of the key points people may be forgetting is this is a guy that Edmonton and Calgary were probably after as well. I like that we got him and they didn’t. I like that alot

• Cheers 1