The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Ferland will likely retire there goes 3.5 mill

Ericksson will likely be bought out after his big bonus July 1 or retire so a big chunk of cap like 5 mill will come off the books then 

shcaller's 2 mill is gone now.

I think if we want, we will be able to re-sign Marky, Tanev and toffoli- I doubt tofolli gets more than a 1 mill raise.

Tanev same and Marky will get 6 mill per year or 6.25 so we are looking at an increase of under 5 mill to our cap and we will be able to move a lot of cap.

Ferland is going to stay on LTIR rather than retire.

The buyout window is mid-June to end of June.  It's closed on 1 July.  A 2nd window opens up only if a player on the team files for arbitration.

Eriksson's buyout cap hit is 5.67M followed by 3.67M.   His contract is buyout proof.

Canucks are in LTIR to finish the season and with end of season cap space of only 30K.   The bonuses of some 1.7M if not more are going to count against next season's cap.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just as I said when JT Miller deal was made.

Steep price, but trades that often make you feel uneasy are the ones that weigh a lot often are for impact players.  JT Miller has shown he was worth the price.

No doubt its another steep price to pay for Toffoli, but man he is a solid top six forward no doubt.

Very stocked that this team is at a stage where adding to compete is a thing again.

• Cheers 1

why the **** do we keep trading high picks?  This teams bread and butter has been drafting but now were trading all of our picks. and now prospects as well.

Makes a ton of sense.

This team isnt a cup caliber team yet.  Were not in a position to be trading picks.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB is spinning things already by saying it’s about being in the playoff race and playing meaningful games right now.  

Thats weird because he has been saying that for the last couple years, so has the coach, and so has our captain and other players....

This must be a Francesco consipracy theory!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

What kind of player is Jasek? don't pay attention to him a lot.

They just moved him into the middle in the last cpl months and he's quickly becoming a force on that team.  Decent size, great hands, high iq........my guess is Jasek was a determining factor in this deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I like the trade, even though the price is steep. I also appreciate the management going all in (like the Blue Jackets) to get into the playoffs. The Canucks have as good a chance to make it into the dance this year than they have in 5 years and our core is set for the next 5 years or so. Risky move, but this team needs the playoff experience.