The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like I said the trade value is fair.  But the timing is bad.  That’s actradecwe make when our core is complete and Cup competitive.  It’s too soon.  

Perhaps Alf, but there's always the thought that a young core needs playoff experience to become competitive.  This addition may very well get them that experience and develop them into a competitive team in a shorter timeframe.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

Madden may turn out to be a beauty - and if so, this may turn out to be a costly trade... especially if he doesn't re-sign.

On the flip side, I feel it shows our confidence in Gauds, as as such goves up an asset we really didn't need for a guy who can help us right now.

I am mixed on the trade, but do feel TT will be good for our 2nd line.

Gaudette > Madden just for Celleys 

I was stoked for Madden but still lots of unknowns especially being a college player. Could have gone to free agency for all we know with our top 3 centres already solidified 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Yeah that set the market going into the trade Deadline. Could shape up to be an up-market for Sellers. 

I still hold out hope there's a contract or two the Canucks could possibly shift in the coming days

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Yeah the goalie situation is going to be a tough one...Do you go with youth in Demko or re sign Marky after his career year...one of them wont be here. I don't see Tanev, Baer or Sutter being here next year...although at a lower price tag Sutter has a role on this team.

Yea Sutter can play he's just overpaid and I believe hard to move.

I feel like the only way this trade doesn't end up to be terrible is if Madden is a bust (seems unlikely at this point) or the Canucks go on a long playoff run. I am not opposed to trading assets of Madden's and the 2nd's value, it just seems like a middling rental forward in a year where we seem to be overachieving is not the way to do use these quality trade chips. If we are going to start throwing those kind of assets around, we should be bringing in some younger talent that is here to stay (a dman would be nice).

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean he was on the league 2nd worst team offensively despite leading his team in goals.

I wouldn't hang my hat on it he's in a way better environment now and would of been producing a lot more had he started out with us.

And Loui or someone else gets bumped which makes the team deeper.

I just don't think he's a difference maker but who knows.

I was wrong before.

I think the Brockstar will be gone for a lot longer than 3 weeks. A broken rib cartilage does not sound like a minor injury. 

I like the trade on its own merits and love it when you consider our injury situation, even if it ends up being a rental. 

A good prospect but you have to give to get and there was no way he was passing anyone on our depth chart any time soon. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Must of been their confidence at C already and the fact that Hog/Pod have him beat at wing in the top 6.

Also has to pack on weight. He ain't no Petey. Vancouver would be hard for him to crack since he would have to be top 6 or nothing. Need grit in that bottom 6 no more buttery soft guys.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

I feel like the only way this trade doesn't end up to be terrible is if Madden is a bust (seems unlikely at this point) or the Canucks go on a long playoff run. I am not opposed to trading assets of Madden's and the 2nd's value, it just seems like a middling rental forward in a year where we seem to be overachieving is not the way to do use these quality trade chips. If we are going to start throwing those kind of assets around, we should be bringing in some younger talent that is here to stay (a dman would be nice).

Young teams go nowhere.....you need a mix of youth and experience, heavier on the experience.

15 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Yeah the goalie situation is going to be a tough one...Do you go with youth in Demko or re sign Marky after his career year...one of them wont be here. I don't see Tanev, Baer or Sutter being here next year...although at a lower price tag Sutter has a role on this team.

Go with Marky, and Demko again, leave Demko unprotected next season in expansion draft. We still have DiPietro.

Marky is the real deal

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1