The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Tyler Toffoli to Canucks for Tim Schaller, Tyler Madden, 2020 2nd-round pick, conditional 2022 4th-round pick

1 minute ago, CJ44 said:

I dont think Benning makes this trade unless he thinks he can re -sign Toffoli. A rental makes no sense for this team, it's not like we have a cup window thats closing or we are favored to make a deep run.

Well if you are right then my opinion changes considerably.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don't see Sutter or Eriksson deserving a spot over Gauds.

Wouldn't be surprised if Sutter gets moved before the deadline.

Games will be intensify, when games get closer to the playoffs. Can’t see Green play a rookie over a veteran, unless Gaudette goes on a complete tear. 

Losing Sutter or even Eriksson will be a huge loss on the penalty kill. Say what you want about Schaller, but he was a key part on our penalty kill (second amongst forwards in total SH minutes). Highly unlikely Sutter gets traded now that Schaller is gone. 

Edited by shiznak

12 minutes ago, Seinfeld said:

We have a competitive team when our goalie plays like prime Hasek.

Our prospect pool is nothing special relatively speaking as all the other teams have similar prospects.

Madden could have been a cost-controlled 2-year ELC which would have been nice because idk if you've seen our cap situation but it isn't looking good. He could have slotted anywhere in the lineup, because, let's face it, we have garbage, overpriced wingers. 

Oh noooo the world is ending!!:rolleyes:

our prospect pool was ranked #8 in Sporting News and #13 by the Athletic and consistently hovers in the top 10 ish rankings (mind you before Madden left)  but yeah, I’d say our pool is pretty solid.

Madden hasn’t even turned pro, and is unproven. Not too mention is really light. Has good potential and made strides, but until he lights up Pro, he would not make it over Podkolzin or Hoglander. ELC apply to them too btw. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

I dont think Benning makes this trade unless he thinks he can re -sign Toffoli. A rental makes no sense for this team, it's not like we have a cup window thats closing or we are favored to make a deep run.

Jimmy has a bit of work this summer for sure.

Marky, Tanev, Taffoli.

Loui, Sutter, Baer?

Will be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'm betting there was talk with TT's agent before the deal was made.  I don't think they'd give up.a 2nd and Madden if it was a pure rental.  Even if it is, I think it's very important to get this group into the post season this year.......they need playoff experience.  With so many young superstars, the clock is ticking on their window.

Absolutely. I think they make the playoffs without him though.

I sure hope they did talk to his agent. Jimbo will have to get real creative if he wants to re-sign him. 

11 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

Wouldnt be surprised if Canucks talked with toffoli about re-signing before trading for him

Drop a little ... 

“Hey Tanner, I hear Edmonton’s all in on Tyler, ask him if he’d resign with us if we got him “