The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Islanders | Mar. 10, 2020 7 PM PDT | Canucks For Kids Telethon

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

2 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Binnington was drafted in 2011 and is 2 years older than Demko.

Weird...I thought binnington already won a STANLEY CUP.  Hmmm...guess I was wrong.

:picard:

I am not saying demko sucks. The guy just needs to make a big save a couple times a game and not let in at least one crap goal every game.

Let's hope he can finish this and get a win.

8 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Demko seems to let in at least one weak goal every game....that 2nd goal by eberle was not good.

People can stop saying he is young and that is why. Much younger goalies have played much better such as binnington. Demko simply needs to play better or he will be gone this summer.

At least that will have solved the whole Vancouver goaltending dilemma again...for a few years at least....:lol:

Binnington is like 26. Demko is still learning. It takes time, look how long it took for Marky.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

image.png.f845c1dc7052600d522db412f284d508.png

Demko 45th overall in wins. And many goalies about as young as him.

I like the guy but he needs to play better.

... your quoting the wins column in an arguement about the effectiveness of a rookie backup goalie?

Wow.

Give your head a shake dude.

• Upvote 1

Man these mental lapses are just killing our season. We could also use a big save from Demko. Markstrom was making some big saves to keep leads. Demko just seems in over his head but they have to stop this 5 minutes of playing terribly defensively. I really believe our season is in big trouble right now. It just seems like a lot to ask for a win.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Weird...I thought binnington already won a STANLEY CUP.  Hmmm...guess I was wrong.

I am not saying demko sucks. The guy just needs to make a big save a couple times a game and not let in at least one crap goal every game.

Demko reminds me of Markstrom a few years ago. Look at Markstrom now…

He's already made several :blink:

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

Well, check and check so far this game. Having Eberle walk right in and deke wouldn't be my definition of crap goal.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mustapha said:

Binnington is like 26. Demko is still learning. It takes time, look how long it took for Marky.

I get that.

But his play recently has solved our goalie controversy. They can trade him this summer and get some mediocre back up and not lose a goalie in the ED. So many posters have been so worried about that.

Canucks cannot chance it will take demko another 5 years to get where marky is when they need to compete now.

14 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Sutter has zero mobility in his game 

the league is way too fast for him, he didn’t have a chance to catch Eberle 

its time for him to be moved on 

Sutter was covering the pass. that was on Motte and Hughes as they could have gone harder to Eberle. 

Broken play of course to hard to judge anyone too much there

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Fanta screens his goalie and doesn’t tie up his man.

Hughes playing forward. Eberle walks right in.

Demko absolutely steals the penalty kill.

What a load of crap blaming Demko 

Hughes was covering Barzal. It's probably a good idea.

• Cheers 1