The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US media report North Korea leader Kim Jong Un is brain dead (after surgery)

nuckin_futz

But the dictator was left severely ill after a delayed or botched procedure to fit a stent in an artery, it was claimed.

Another report from Beijing claimed that the heart op went wrong because the terrified surgeon’s hands kept shaking.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11482322/kim-jong-un-dead-north-korea-heart-op-china/

Quite understandable when it's your life on the line if you make a mistake.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Me_ said:

If it is a major catastrophe in North Korea, not even the Chinese team called in to help with the situation will be able to contain the information.

I don't think they want to go in because I believe North Korea has a major pandemic going on. The sad part is innocent children don't deserve to die.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't think they want to go in because I believe North Korea has a major pandemic going on. The sad part is innocent children don't deserve to die.

No choice really as they probably have nukes.  Not to mention likely bio/chemical weapons stockpiles.  A powder keg on their doorstep (which China has nobody to blame but themselves for arming them either directly or indirectly).

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No choice really as they probably have nukes.  Not to mention likely bio/chemical weapons stockpiles.  A powder keg on their doorstep (which China has nobody to blame but themselves for arming them either directly or indirectly).

Absolutely, I meant during this pandemic. 

• Cheers 1

So this is now being reported widely, everywhere and loudly.

I wonder how long it is until NK makes some sort of statement.  China has sent medical teams to NK to assess but it's not likely we get any answer at all from them

South Korea says he's fine:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/south-korea-says-north-koreas-kim-jong-un-is-alive-and-well-despite-mounting-speculation/ar-BB13ejc0?li=AAggNb9

South Korea continued to pour water on mounting speculation about the health of North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un, telling CNN he is "alive and well."

"Our government position is firm," Moon Chung-in, the top foreign policy adviser to South Korean President Moon Jae-in, told CNN. "Kim Jong Un is alive and well. He has been staying in the Wonsan area since April 13. No suspicious movements have so far been detected."

Questions were raised about Kim's well-being after he missed the celebration of his grandfather's birthday on April 15. He had been seen four days before that at a politburo meeting, according to North Korean state media, KCNA.

CNN reported earlier in the week that the United States is monitoring intelligence that Kim is "in grave danger after a surgery," according to a US official. Another US official told CNN Monday that the concerns about Kim's health are credible, but their severity is hard to assess.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

probably better for the world in the short term. But getting a stent in your 30s doesn't bode well for him. 

Who knows what's really going on in that country. TBH, I have a hard time caring, with what's going on in the world right now.

Even if he kicked the bucket, I'm sure someone just as bad would take over.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who knows what's really going on in that country. TBH, I have a hard time caring, with what's going on in the world right now.

Even if he kicked the bucket, I'm sure someone just as bad would take over.

yeah, Xi or Trump :lol: last thing the world needs is another pointless Korean war tho. Or one in Iran. 

I'd be fine with the Saudi's going bankrupt tho. 

• Cheers 2

Kim Jong Un might have been injured during missile tests on April 14

Sun 26 Apr 2020 23:29:07 GMT

Speculation on the health, and whereabouts, of the North Korean dictator continue.

For back ground if you need it
Korean news group Dong-A Ilbo now positing:
  • North Korean leader Kim Jong Un might have been injured during the tests of short-range cruise missiles on April 14
  • missile tests such as the ones carried out on April 14 could not go ahead without the order of commander-in-chief, which suggests that Kim was well until 7 a.m. when the missiles were fired.
  • "Kim was absent from the reports of the tests while no footage of the missile launch and the training of combat aircrafts was released, which points to a possibility of an unexpected accident that might have been caused by debris or fire" 
Donga cite a former high ranking North Korean official who defected. Link if you want more.  

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm reminded of a really old Saturday Night Live skit (sorry for the subtitles, this was the best version of the show I could find):

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

You convinced us.  Trudeau is just like Kim Jong Un. 

Good one. You’re so smart and funny. 

:picard:

It's his shtick....everyone who doesn't criticize Trudeau as much as they Trump is a "hypocrite"....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1