The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks vs Jets, Bubble Hockey Edition (Exhibition), July 29th @ 7:30pm PST, Sportsnet

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

You don't get a minus for being scored on when you're killing penalties, same as you don't get a plus for scoring on the pp

https://www.bing.com/search?q=are+plus+minus+counted+on+power+plays&form=EDNTHT&refig=9f8fc8d1e320415c951d073d3d49a050&mkt=en-ca&msnews=1&sp=-1&pq=are+plus+minus+counted+on+power+plays&sc=0-37&qs=n&sk=&cvid=9f8fc8d1e320415c951d073d3d49a050#  

are you sure ?  because according to the nhl they do 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

Just now, the grinder said:

You're 100% wrong lol.

Even the link you posted states you're wrong. 

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Jake get penciled in for the series against Minnesota and just kill it. Sutter and Eriksson are the players who should be cut. 

I'd sit Petey just to prove the Jake Haters wrong.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Jake get penciled in for the series against Minnesota and just kill it. Sutter and Eriksson are the players who should be cut. 

Exactly correct, I like Sutter be last night he was playing the safe positional 30ft away gliding through passing lanes style. Not much forecheck at all. Need our 4th line to forecheck not float around in the way. Him and Eriksson are as good as gone for next year. I hope 

• Cheers 2

21 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Exactly correct, I like Sutter be last night he was playing the safe positional 30ft away gliding through passing lanes style. Not much forecheck at all. Need our 4th line to forecheck not float around in the way. Him and Eriksson are as good as gone for next year. I hope 

It’s really too bad that we haven’t gotten the return that we traded him for when we traded Bonino, a 2nd (the pick we got for the Bieksa trade) and Clendening for him. Reminds me of the 2010 draft deal when we acquired Keith Ballard. We never got the same player that they were renown for. With how Ferland has come back from this pause and seeing Sutter not looking healthier than when the pause started. It’s not looking great for a redeeming Sutts. But hey there are so many beauties on this team that it’s easy to pick on the damaged Mules of Louie and Sutts (but Sutts is still better at FOs than Gaudette). 

Edited by EP Phone Home

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

Ouch.  I thought everyone knew this stuff.  Of course plus minus isonly calculated at even strength.  Doesn’t mean every plus minus is created equal as if your only facing bottom six guys it’s not the same as what Horvat’s line has endured (best quality of competition by far) ... but it does at a glance give one an idea of how a player does against his peers... really it’s not as an important stat as it used to be but still matters.    Bure was usually around zero or minus or plus a couple - doesn’t mean he wasn’t crucial and valuable - because he was on both special teams just killing it most of the time. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Same here. Tired of the floater types. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

I've yet to see evidence of that either in Sept or in July.

The evidence was last night, maybe it's mental and not physical but that's why JV wasn't in the lineup.

2 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I couldn’t agree more, Jake gets the most flak outside Erickskin.. it’s sad really the kid has improved (like you said) every single year. I for one am rooting for no one more on the team than him. Wish him the best. There’s other dead weight to be dumping on IMO

cheers Stawns

Any flak he's getting is self inflicted, 99% of us want him to succeed in a Nuck uniform and yes he deserves to be in the lineup over the deadweight on this team.

2 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Honestly I think Jake slots in for the sort of the same reason he didn’t slot in after camp. At camp he wasn’t good enough.

in the jets game, there were several forwards who weren’t good enough. McEwan and Ferland didn’t do what they were drawn in to do. Sutter wasn’t good either. Any one of them could be pulled after their performance. I think Ferland gets another chance, with Virtanen drawing in over Zack.

I guarantee JV gets in at some point if not game one.  Ferland may of claimed his spot back but I think Mac was rewarded for having a good camp, plus it's a nice lesson and a Firestarter for Virt - They'll need his speed.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

yes he deserves to be in the lineup over the deadweight on this team.

Yes he does.

I don't mind Green but his deployment needs to get better. Hopefully this young coach and young player can both improve in their weak areas.

I don't put much into the line up last night though. Was just a warm up for the real thing.

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

lol I am  I read it too quick  if you score a short handed goal you get a plus and minus if you are on the pp

That's right, yes.

Truly I do t put much stock in +/-, at all

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Things would be way simpler if Eriksson and the Canucks mutually terminated his contract. But I don't think that will happen. 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Funny how people see different things.  I thought Ferland was good, but Sutter (who I think is injured) Mac, motte and Roussel were not.  I'd be fine with any of those three rotating in and out, along with Loui.

To me Ferly Gaud Jake is an excellent third line

That’s a good third line, I’d like to see that in the Playoffs.

Move Roussel down to the 4th.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Things would be way simpler if Eriksson and the Canucks mutually terminated his contract. But I don't think that will happen. 

After his 3 mill bonus is paid this summer he's only owed 1 mill for next season and 4 mill his last season.

That's 5 mill for next 2 seasons. He knows the writing is on the wall. I think he finishes this season mostly in the press box, takes his 3 mill bonus and goes back to Sweden. I dont think he comes back next season..