The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

13 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

not sure... I would think since insurance is covering it that it would be outside of escrow but i'm guessing. Maybe @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME knows? 

AFAIK all player salaries, including those on LTIR, would be subject to escrow.

I don’t believe much changes for the player, when he goes on LTIR. He still gets paid his contract, gets his cheques at the same time and in the same amounts (as if he were playing), and has to pay his N% into escrow like everyone else.

Only difference is that, if that LTIR player’s contract was insured (and not all are), then the club will have some percentage (often 80%) of the cost of that salary covered by the insurer.

And, of course, the more LTIR players there are, the more the overall player costs are, which can affect the 50/50 split and escrow. Basically, if you have a $6 million player on LTIR, both that $6 million, and the replacement player(s) salary (up to another $6 million), will be counted toward the player share and escrow (so potentially $12 million, instead of the original $6 million if the player was healthy).

• Thanks 1