The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I dunno about that, we tried that approach before and lost the cup. I say we play hard, take no crap and let the chips fall where they may, IMO.

Exactly.  Our playmakers have to make plays, and our policemen have to police. (I'm looking at you Rooster, Jake and Mac)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Googlie said:

Exactly.  Our playmakers have to make plays, and our policemen have to police. (I'm looking at you Rooster, Jake and Mac)

I just don't want the "excuse/blame" game to creep into the locker room. Play hard, play our game and who cares if the ref calls or doesn't call a good game. Its out of our hands. The 94' team did just that and almost did the unthinkable.

11 hours ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Ferland should retire in my opinion, with the trade off being that he gets a front office job with the Canucks if he so desires it.   The Canucks get off the hook for Ferland’s salary, while Ferland still gets paid.   

Lines for tomorrow?

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson

Roussel-Sutter-Virtanen (Bailey If Roussel is out).

Motte-Beagle-MacEwen

Hughes-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

Demko

Other people have mentioned it but he won't retire, he'll go on LTIR.  If he retired he'd forfeit his contract. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Other people have mentioned it but he won't retire, he'll go on LTIR.  If he retired he'd forfeit his contract. 

his deal is insured, it wont really costs the Canucks anything, and they will likely use all of his LTIR anyway. The only cap issue is bonus money. 

1 minute ago, Robert Long said:

his deal is insured, it wont really costs the Canucks anything, and they will likely use all of his LTIR anyway. The only cap issue is bonus money. 

Are LTIR payments to the players escrowed?

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I hope to see big Zack laying in Ferlands place today, he would create some additional havoc in this series.

BTW 11:30 really sucks for us working folks, the NHL has done well so far but this one stings for all Canucks fans.

Thank goodness for my dual monitor set up and shaw bluesky tv... unless you don't have an office job then yeah it would suck.

best bet is to disconnect from the world (internet) and PVR it.

at least tomorrow is a potential eliminator game Friday 745PM is solid.