The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 6th, 2020 | 11:30am PT, SNP | SCQ Game #3

Rate this topic

Roberts

44 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But back to hockey .... someone mentioned Fanta's play.  I agree, he has been dependable, calm under pressure, and playing within himself.  Some advanced stats that I read just after the pause suggested that he and Myers were a disaster zone, but apart from Myers 3 penalties, they have been pretty sound together

I gotta agree. Fanta has not been a liability. He's been stable back there. But I feel sorry that he has to play within himself.

Huge game tonight... oops, this morning! Winner of this game likely moves on. I've got faith in the boys. They will be relentless today and win 4-2.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Stecher penalty was BS too. 

It was a hard battle in front of the net with both players cross checking each other but only one got called. I would either give them a warning and let it go or call both. 

Canucks have to be smart today.

Cant expect the same calls to be called today. Most likely just the player that retaliates gets the call. Let them take those dumb penalties.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

When u get offered an evening out by urself,  u take it a run. Lol. 

I dont know about that. I've never gone to a bar to watch sports all by my self..  I'd find that boring.. 

Way rather have some company come along than be alone. Have dinner cpl drinks enjoy the game..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I dont know about that. I've never gone to a bar to watch sports all by my self..  I'd find that boring.. 

Way rather have some company come along than be alone. Have dinner cpl drinks enjoy the game..

When you have kids, i go with cuporbust. Take it and run! 

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Cant expect the same calls to be called today. Most likely just the player that retaliates gets the call. Let them take those dumb penalties.

absolutely...........the team that best walks the line between aggressive play and disciplined will likely come out on top.  After the end of game 2, I'm hoping they don't go over the line trying to get Fiala off his game.  Roussel makes me nervous in this one

3 minutes ago, TU90 said:

So, should I watch this live with my 4 and 2 year awake and all over the place, or wait until they go to bed tonight? Conflicted..

Tape it, and watch it later.  Play with your kids - they grow up so fast you'll wish you had spent more time with them

Edited by Googlie

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I dunno about that, we tried that approach before and lost the cup. I say we play hard, take no crap and let the chips fall where they may, IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TU90 said:

So, should I watch this live with my 4 and 2 year awake and all over the place, or wait until they go to bed tonight? Conflicted..

Watch it live.  Make it a family event, even if they are all over the place.

• Thanks 1