The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Minnesota Wild | August 7th, 2020 | 7:45pm PT, SNP | SCQ Game #4

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I get that sometimes the refs are unfair, but I honestly feel this series is reffed very fairly. They're just calling more than expected in playoffs on both sides.

Myers knows how tight they are calling games. It's on him as a professional hockey player to adapt. Just like batters in baseball need to adapt to a new strike zone almost everyday

Not really.  Blatant cross check = nothing.  Not THAT tight..it's more pick and choose.  Which ruins it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Good test for the boyz

elimination games are tough.  Opponent is desperate.  It's not easy to close teams out.  

Learning process 

For me, they didn't play THAT bad. They mostly wethered the strom and had push back shifts. We just needed to ask Myers to stop going into the box...and Marky to just settle down and make one save at a time. 

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

The refs aren't the issue. We said they were the issue in game 1 when we lost even though the Wild got screwed out of a double minor PP. 

Judging CDC if every game was reffed right the Canucks would be 98-0-0 every year

Don't bother.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, cyacry said:

Are the Hawks just THAT skilled??? Or does Edmonton just suck THAT much (12.5% at ANOTHER 1 OA)....:sadno:

The Oilers are just that bad. Their idea of development is throwing every talented player they draft into a top 6 on a team with no defence, suspect goaltending and the worst management in hockey.

I mean it's been what, 6 years and they still havent fixed that defence?

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Worst reffing I’ve ever seen. 30 minutes of PP time, calling dive and players can’t even play physical.

Might not like how tight they're calling it but it's been consistent for both sides

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Don’t mind the roughing ground and pound penalties, but Myers is going a little overboard thinking the refs are gonna put their whistles away

Exactly.. someone runs Marky or EP or Quinn take a roughing penalty.  But not this crap..

If Minny had a half decent PP this series would have been over in 3 the way he's taking penalties.. 

Green needs to tell Myers to chill out. Some of these calls aren’t his fault but if the refs are watching you that closely you’ve gotta ease off. Maybe fall down the next time a Wild player puts a stick on you. 

I’m sure this has been adamantly discussed but I’m just getting my sea legs back on the forum. What the living fridge is up with Elliotte  Friedman’s beard. Like dude try hard much?? :huh: You can’t be pretty boy and mountain man all at once. Settle it down boy and go get a trim.