The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. St. Louis Blues | August 16th, 2020 | 7:30pm PT, SNP | R1G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I sort of get where he is going. On broken play we are able to pick them apart. When teams get set in defence and even on the PK we struggle, but break up a for check or get a strong rush  we are able to move the puck and have the foot speed to just open up the game 

it's been what seems like years since we've seen this team really capitalize on mistakes from the other team, rather than the other team feasting on the Canucks' inexperience. I'd say this team is "hanging" just fine against the champions

17 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Kyrou has been noticeable for the Blues. 

Yes. Speedy skilled young kid. With offensive ability.  22 yrs old. PPG player in the AHL.  Played about 40 to 50 nhl games over the past 2 seasons. He'll be a good player for the Blues for many years to come. Just breaking in...

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Bang Bang Boogie said:

Pettersson just owning perenial Selke candidate O'Reilly

It really first frustrates me to no end that Petey never gets considered for the Selke. The pk and faceoff stats are huge for that award but not so much the 5 on 5 play. 

Just now, MikeyD said:

Also low key Tanev has had another ridiculously good game. So many small defensive plays that have been absolutely killing set up's for the Blues. 

Yep, just does all the little details right.

He's weathered a couple of big hits to make some of those plays too

• Like 1