The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues game 5 | Aug. 19, 2020, 7:30pm | Series tied 2-2

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Man what a rollercoaster ride. Let's hope we seen the last momentum switch and it stays with us. Something is telling me Green will be sitting on this 1 goal lead. I'd love to see Gaudette pot a big goal

I hope Edler is alright. Scary looking play, but I doubt it's anything serious as they wasnt much blood. Few inches lower (neck) or a couple inches right (eye) and it would be a totally different story. Plays like this really puts into perspective the dangers of this game played with razor sharp blades. I always worry when I see players diving around a bunch of players skates. It's amazing that we havnt seen and serious life threatening skate cuts since (what I remember) that Sabers goalie back in the day. They might be making all this money playing a silly sport, but 1 injury could end their working career, or even their life. 

Were all thinking about you Edler!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

To drink a warm beer or wait until it chills?  That is the question.

Beer is meant to be drank warm so you can taste the flavour, all the crap American beers advertise ice cold beer so you can’t taste how bad they are. Having said that, I’d take a nice frosty lager over some Luke warm beer any day of the week.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You have to earn a top 6 spot, they don't come gift wrapped to you. Especially after showing up out of shape, again. 

At the same time, you don't earn a permanent ride to the bottom six - in 6 games.

i thought it was time to give Jake a carrot and get him some top 6 minutes - because LE was just too buzzkill up there - and they need the 20 goal scoring Virtanen - so they imo had to put him in a position to step up.  And he has.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, ey40 said:

He really said that?

Yeah but it was mostly a slam from what I took from it.  No credit for the team battling back...was all just Marky.  Which was only part of it because Marky didn't score the goals.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So do people still want to keep Demko and let Markstrom walk?

I didn’t think so...

I don't know too many people who want Markstrom to walk, but there's only so much cap space. His price tag will be massive after this series, win or lose.

Just now, oldnews said:

At the same time, you don't earn a permanent ride to the bottom six - in 6 games.

i thought it was time to give Jake a carrot and get him some top 6 minutes - because LE was just too buzzkill up there - and they need the 20 goal scoring Virtanen - so they imo had to put him in a position to step up.  And he has.

Yup credit to Jake. We needed him badly and he's played better tonight. 

• Cheers 2