The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Aug. 19, 2020 | Canucks lead series 3-2

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ron Maclean showed his true colors during the Burrows Auger incident. 

I can forgive him for the initial hatchet job on Burrows (note, I said forgive; not forget).  But I can't forgive is his CONTINUAL jabs at Burrows well after the incident.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't think Berube panics and changes back to Binnington. It wasn't really Allen's fault STL lost yesterday. 

I for one are torn between which of them I’d rather the Canucks faced - it’s really a toss up ... 

ADMIT IT

WE

WERE ALL

CREATED

TO

ARGUE

HAHA NO

EDIT: VERY LAME TRY TO BREAK UP THE SADNESS OVER OUR WINNING.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Honestly, I think that's an outdated moniker anyway....

I've mentioned several times over the years, that a modern coach has to understand how to motivate all of his players, even if those motivational methods might be polar opposite from one player to the next.

For example, I think we saw when Torts was here that both Hansen and Edler responded poorly to public dressings down. OTOH, Kelser, Wellwood and Burrows always seemed to play their best hockey after AV called them out. Same thing this playoffs for PLD on the Jackets....

Hitchcock brought up how he had to change his style to stay relevant in the league - a known disciplinary and heavy systems guy found out he needed to add counseling like methods into his coaching as what worked wasn’t anymore with the younger players coming into the league.   Gen x and baby boomers no problems with his old style.

Players coaches still exist but they aren’t like they used to be.   Torts I bet has also toned it way down, he lost the room at every stop at least once (won’t bother including Vancouver although in a way he did here too - “Sedin block shots and play 26 minutes!!”  Babcocks antics got him fired this year, and sure his methods used to work at one point too - now they seem bizzare and old school (which is a little funny).     JB and other sources have called TG a good communicator I guess that would somewhat qualify as a modern players coach using Hitchcocks decade old insights.  There is a chart with four segments and vertical and horizontal line used to plot coaching styles ... it’s also probably dated now (one side disciplinary other side players one side tactical other side systematic or something of the sort) and about once a year THN would show where all the NHL coaches fit compared to each other - last time I remember seeing it was when Paul McLean was coaching OTT so a few years back for sure - he was firmly a players coach.     AV was near the middle on both lines a mixture but not extreme on any axis... Keenan would be down in one corner Discipline and Tactic heavy ... his blender and in game tactics would make TG blush.    

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Hitchcock brought up how he had to change his style to stay relevant in the league - a known disciplinary and heavy systems guy found out he needed to add counseling like methods into his coaching as what worked wasn’t anymore with the younger players coming into the league.   Gen x and baby boomers no problems with his old style.

Players coaches still exist but they aren’t like they used to be.   Torts I bet has also toned it way down, he lost the room at every stop at least once (won’t bother including Vancouver although in a way he did here too - “Sedin block shots and play 26 minutes!!”  Babcocks antics got him fired this year, and sure his methods used to work at one point too - now they seem bizzare and old school (which is a little funny).     JB and other sources have called TG a good communicator I guess that would somewhat qualify as a modern players coach using Hitchcocks decade old insights.  There is a chart with four segments and vertical and horizontal line used to plot coaching styles ... it’s also probably dated now (one side disciplinary other side players one side tactical other side systematic or something of the sort) and about once a year THN would show where all the NHL coaches fit compared to each other - last time I remember seeing it was when Paul McLean was coaching OTT so a few years back for sure - he was firmly a players coach.     AV was near the middle on both lines a mixture but not extreme on any axis... Keenan would be down in one corner Discipline and Tactic heavy ... his blender and in game tactics would make TG blush.    

michael richards yes GIF

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Lol.

Can't believe some writers think STL might put Bennington back in net.

I wouldn’t be shocked. He is supposed to be their future, so I’m sure they’re partly thinking beyond these playoffs.

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I played against Kamloops in Jr.  I ****ing hated Hitch.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Googlie said:

Reminds me of the old joke.......

*asks*   Who won the Austrian Grand Prix?

Lauda

*shouts*   Who won the Austrian Grand Prix?

Lauda

*yells*    WHO WON THE EFFING AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX?

LAUDA, EFFING LAUDA

You are assuming people on CDC know who Lauda was :-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Yea, you are blatantly wrong.

Oh. On which part:

1. Canucks won game 5.

2. JT Miller scored a goal.

3. All professional hockey people at the game saw Miller's goal as a legit goal.

Please expand on which part I am wrong about.  :lol:  I dare you!!

I  am done with you and your ridiculous nonsensical rambling argument.  :towel: