The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Aug. 25, 2020 | Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

That hit on EP remains an ominous prelude to Game 3 and on. 

Without EP or QH, the Canucks can’t win against any team in the playoffs, let alone Vegas, IMO. 

More than any team in recent memory, the Canucks rely on the health of their stars for success, as the results are hardly a team effort. The attention those two attract provides space and opportunity for their line mates.

Toffoli figured that out within only a minute or so last night. I think Vegas has. I expect more big hits on those two kids in game 3, which is less about being Captain O, as it is about the Canucks having no answer to it or response even to the hit. There remains no eye-for-an-eye stuff. 

Even EP giving that player his glove back so he could rejoin the play was a sign of the team’s inability to be the bully, ever. And fans sing praise for this? It’s a war, not a work day with peers. Take every opportunity to win battles to win the war. Since when is that not a thing anymore? 

The Sedins were classy against Boston, remember? God, how can we not. Be classy in your victory speech, EP! :towel:

I’m totally nervous to see these next few games. Vegas will not hesitate to take liberties, where as the Canucks... oh boy. 

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, oldnews said:

is that verified to be his own - or just someone using his name, as is so often the case.

if that's actually him - that's some of the weakest chirp imaginable.  He should stay off social media - he has no game.

It’s him

21 minutes ago, BPA said:

Unless you trade other pieces (LE, baer, etc) to clear cap space.  But it won't be easy.

without shedding Loui its not possible to keep Tanev, TT and Marky. 

So the question is in my mind: has this team shown enough to pull a Dubas and use the 2021 1st to shed Loui and keep this group together? or, if we're willing to trade the 2021 1st should we be targeting a different RHD?

51 minutes ago, oldnews said:

is that verified to be his own - or just someone using his name, as is so often the case.

if that's actually him - that's some of the weakest chirp imaginable.  He should stay off social media - he has no game.

It was photoshopped for sure.  I would rather nuck fans not stoop this low.

Edited by EddieVedder
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

That hit on EP remains an ominous prelude to Game 3 and on. 

Without EP or QH, the Canucks can’t win against any team in the playoffs, let alone Vegas, IMO. 

More than any team in recent memory, the Canucks rely on the health of their stars for success, as the results are hardly a team effort. The attention those two attract provides space and opportunity for their line mates.

Toffoli figured that out within only a minute or so last night. I think Vegas has. I expect more big hits on those two kids in game 3, which is less about being Captain O, as it is about the Canucks having no answer to it or response even to the hit. There remains no eye-for-an-eye stuff. 

Even EP giving that player his glove back so he could rejoin the play was a sign of the team’s inability to be the bully, ever. And fans sing praise for this? It’s a war, not a work day with peers. Take every opportunity to win battles to win the war. Since when is that not a thing anymore? 

The Sedins were classy against Boston, remember? God, how can we not. Be classy in your victory speech, EP! :towel:

I’m totally nervous to see these next few games. Vegas will not hesitate to take liberties, where as the Canucks... oh boy. 

the team has shown that they will go for the win vs. eye for an eye, I think we all know that by now. 

I don't agree that the team is being "classy" though, just playing hard for the win. If that was Roussel laying that late hit it would have been a penalty as well, we're not allowed to do those things.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Whalespray said:

I think unless something changes real quickly Jake is the odd man out. He for sure has some value but a team is going to get a steal.

jake is going nowhere  hopefully eriksson and baertchi mutually void their  contracts   soo  they can dont have to sit on bus in utica   fingers crossed we can really use that 9.66 mill extra   gives us like 26 mill to sign virtanen 2.5 gaudette 1.5 macewen 1.2 motte 1.4  and markstrom 7 toffoli     5.5    with 7 mill to upgrade our right d left over 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Cluminati* said:

What a difference in the post-game reactions and interviews of the victors following both games. Vegas was cocky and arrogant as they joked about their chirping ways and their perceived domination of the Canucks. The younger Canucks though, classy and composed with only good things to say about Vegas. 

Our leadership has been questioned by some for being too soft and not having a voice. Seeing this group on and off the ice during these playoffs is evidence enough that we have an amazing leadership that thrives on professionalism and success.

Yet another proud moment as a Canucks fan. Gonna be a fun ride, now and for years to come.

Vegas is classless, plain and simple.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

So the question is in my mind: has this team shown enough to pull a Dubas and use the 2021 1st to shed Loui and keep this group together? or, if we're willing to trade the 2021 1st should we be targeting a different RHD?

Remember the outburst over baer being put on waivers?    Baer has skill but he might not have had the will to win the way Jt, petey, horvat etc had.

Can't sleep with the boy's comeback in gm 2. Like Christmas in Aug, despite enduring this heat/humidity. Lookin' fwd to next tilt, here in wee hrs of the morn...

After midnight, we gonna learn from Travis Greeen

After midnight, all gonna be peaches & cream

Playin fast & with precision

Given' skills-exhibition

They're gonna see what we're all aboooouuuuut...ahh

After midnight, gonna beat these knights dowwwwnnnn...

(play it JJ)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Elaborate

Bite the bullet and pay the price to move Loui (and possibly Baer).

Though I think we might be able to swing something like Eriksson + Demko to DET rather than the first Jimmy notes.

From there, adding Virtanen being out and maybe look at Roussel and we'd have loads of cap space.

Edited by aGENT