The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Vegas Golden Knights | August 29th, 2020 | 6:45pm PT, SNP | R2G3

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

What happens on ice stays on the ice. If they really hated eachother, none of the Nux would have bothered to reach out to Vegas, esp Reeves who has been a pest/agitator against them.  

I expect them to continue the intensity. Trash talk, big hits, and maybe fights. 

From Nux point of view, they should avoid the stuff they did in Gm1. Play their speed and counter attack game. Will take another huge effort to block shooting lanes. Give Marky the chance to see it. 

Yeah moving both feet & the puck will be huge for us in this game. Trying to draw penalties aswell as use our speed/skill. 

I always come back to being sharp moving the puck out, I thought we had some trouble against the Blues heavy forecheck & it hasn't gotten easier with Vegas as they are the same but faster. That 2nd period last game they just couldnt breakout consistently. Being sharp and limiting those turnovers will be huge along with the things you said about the shooting lanes and playing with speed.

Nevermind having the puck in their end for awhile would be great too !

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Hopefully it's a slow burn. I think we win the skill matchup tbh. They have more grit and physicality though (especially with long neck out). 

Hopefully they can keep Reaves stapled to the bench again! 

Wow postponing these games sure changed a lot and the awareness of so called social injustice is so much better now. 
the league cares so much for the “cause” but they won’t give up any of the advertising slots for awareness and education. 

now the looming prospect of Multiple back to backs. 
And the league would have you believe it cares about the players Heath and safety. Lol.

Hope the boys can put on a good show For us tonight.

Edited by Tracksuit
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No, I think it's actually to get out of the bubble clean of Covid as soon as possible. They will take all the revenue they can get in the mean time.

Don't know about the first part unless it's related to the league stating that they want to start season 2020-2021 in December and that means finishing this year by a specific time.  

The revenue they get from TV deals with NBC in the US is $200 mil annualy.  

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Why would they have TV contracts set in stone when Covid would make it difficult to even produce new shows? They always make time for hockey. Are they actually going to come out with the regular fall line-up for television shows?

I don't listen to local sports radio much, but had it on during my commute to hear news of the past few days come out in real time. One of the things mentioned on 650 was the American programming schedule being set. My addition to this is that if you can stick to it you do, if it gets upset for unforeseen reasons then you adjust. Either way it's going to remain compressed from here on out because the NHL wants to play hockey by December and that'll still require a post playoff break.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

There better not be a brass tax, it's one of my favourite metals.

Dictionaries are meant to show how language is used not be prescriptive. At least that's how UK dictionaries work anyway. I can't read the article cos it's blocked here but changing definitions over time isn't anything new. For example my dictionary no longer defines Oats as "'a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people".

Holy jumpin' - they taxin' brass?! Takes brass balls(to quote A Baldwin)..& mighty tacky, to boot!

• Haha 1

Everyone spoke lots about how the extra days off will be good for Tofu and Myers but really, I think Marky and the young guns will benefit the most from extra nights off to recharge. Just look at how they responded after the first game this series, and after the b2b's with St Louis. 

Hope to see a fresh Hughes leading the charge out there tonight.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Gary *Suitcase" Smith on 650 right now...

So p*ssed after one shellacking, apparently he drove home in his goalie gear!:towel: (that's for you youngins', who might not know the character this dude was)

What anecdote better summarizes the 70's for the Canucks?!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like you "monitor things", with Demko ready to go at the first sign of faltering.  I feel that makes it easier for him to slide in (too) rather than a cold start in critical games.

I guess Demko has to practice to be ready at all times so that could work as well. I think Green is going to run Marky out here for all 4, but if he does look to have a shaky start maybe Marky has a short leash on the 2nd of the back to backs. 

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

If you ask Marky, he would want to play all the games. In my opinion the back up is for when our number one is getting lit up during the game or when he goes down to injury. Let’s not create any controversy. We all know how that goes. 

I don't see the need for it to be controversial, two b2b's in a weeks is highly unusual, we may never see it again. I'm looking at it from a time management pov, there's only so much time goalies can put in. 

54 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Goaltending is a concern though.

I think they'll crunch the remaining 5 games in 7 nights. Yikes 

Advantage Vegas and their 2 stud goalies.

Demko is a young stud as well.... let’s just focus on winning tonight. Let’s Goooooo!!! :towel:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So p*ssed after one shellacking, apparently he drove home in his goalie gear!:towel: (that's for you youngins', who might not know the character this dude was)

What anecdote better summarizes the 70's for the Canucks?!

Getting those pads into the drivers seat.

Mastercard's new logo suggests a future where payment is digital - Vox

• Cheers 1