The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Arizona/OEL

mll

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

havent been through the whole thread, but what would be the realistic trade involving louie to ARZ?

My take would be something in the realm of Juolevi, Eriksson, a 1st and a 3rd, maybe squeezing in Baer 50% retained if they see value in him (I do, but he's certainly overpaid in this flat cap year).

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

My take would be something in the realm of Juolevi, Eriksson, a 1st and a 3rd, maybe squeezing in Baer 50% retained if they see value in him (I do, but he's certainly overpaid in this flat cap year).

I think this is pretty darn accurate.  If not Joulevi then Demko but that’s contingent on Marky being signed then.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I think this is pretty darn accurate.  If not Joulevi then Demko but that’s contingent on Marky being signed then.

Apparently when GMJB first contacted the yotes they asked for Demko.

GMJB replied with a hard "no" on trading Demko for OEL.

could just be rumor mill with the yotes having raanta and hill in their system.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

LE, Rathbone, 2nd is my offer.  Arizona is bent over and has absolutely zero leverage.  The longer they take, the lower the pick becomes.

That would be a steal - but I think too good to be true, I can't think of a deal that is so straightforwardly lopsided in recent history (not including hindsight). It would suck to lose Juolevi but with Hughes' rights & OEL locked up 5+ years each a left-sided D would be the least of the Canucks worries.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

LE, Rathbone, 2nd is my offer.  Arizona is bent over and has absolutely zero leverage.  The longer they take, the lower the pick becomes.

I want them retain OEL's cap hit above $6M as so JB can accomplish other needed signings.  I also think it's good to establish a hierarchy for cap hits moving fwd to help with negotiating contract extensions within the team.

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

That would be a steal - but I think too good to be true, I can't think of a deal that is so straightforwardly lopsided in recent history (not including hindsight). It would suck to lose Juolevi but with Hughes' rights & OEL locked up 5+ years each a left-sided D would be the least of the Canucks worries.

I don't think we should be making a move unless it is a steal.  Arizona's ownership can't pay the bills; we're looking at Melnyk levels of cheapness.  We'd basically be doing the Ehrhoff special, with the constraint being real money instead of cap.  The Coyotes have to move him at this point.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think we should be making a move unless it is a steal.  Arizona's ownership can't pay the bills; we're looking at Melnyk levels of cheapness.  We'd basically be doing the Ehrhoff special, with the constraint being real money instead of cap.  The Coyotes have to move him at this point.

I certainly hope you're right but I feel like the deal will be closer to the Kesler trade than the Ehrhoff special

5 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

They are probably looking to move them too, this year, if the owner has ordered to cut salary no?

It’s been widely reported that moving money this offseason has been extremely difficult.  They don’t have the draft picks to sweeten deals.  As much as the deal needs to be right for Vancouver, it needs to work for Arizona even more for them to consider it